+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning after landing is it an issue?

gans007

Sep 22, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have a question on landing experience and questions asked by Immigration officers during landing.

I will be landing at toronto in the month of november. I currently live in australia on work and want to return back after completing the formalities. I am staying in toronto for 28days.
The question is: I am aware of IO asking about the period of stay during questioning and
1) if I say I am returning back what will be the consequences?
2)If I say I will stay permanently and then return in 28 days will it be a problem?
3)will the IO know about my flight bookings in any way?
Actually I want to return to canada after a year with the PR card planned to be mailed or given in person to me by my friend.

Please help with ur expertise and experiences...highly appreciate you response.

Regards

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
In all the three cases, there won't be any adverse consequenses as far as you fulfill the PR obligation by staying in Canada for 730 days over a period of five years.

I informed the IO that I would be staying in Toronto for a month only and would return back in six months time and thats what I am doing, returning back to Toronto in another month.

And don't worry about the tickets, no one would bother you or check ur tickets to investigate whether you would be staying or returning back!

gans007 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question on landing experience and questions asked by Immigration officers during landing.

I will be landing at toronto in the month of november. I currently live in australia on work and want to return back after completing the formalities. I am staying in toronto for 28days.
The question is: I am aware of IO asking about the period of stay during questioning and
2)If I say I will stay permanently and then return in 28 days will it be a problem?
Actually I want to return to canada after a year with the PR card planned to be mailed or given in person to me by my friend.

Regards

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
Hello shaafqatz, please advise....i wld do my landing by Feb 2013. as far as POF is concerned, can i present a funded standard charterd bank credit card as POF?

gans007

Sep 22, 2012
Many thanks shaafqatz....if I tell them that I am returning back and in few posts I have noticed that they have refused to apply for PR card. If I don't tell them I am returning and then return will there be any issues?is luing to IO ok? I do not want to apply for a travel document as there are very few who have done it.
Please put some light into it...

Thanks

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
You don't have to tell them specifically that u intend to stay temporarily unless you are asked about it. The IO are friendly just be yourself and have a casual talk.

The IO who attended me was talking everything realted to local weather, coffee, tea, long flight journey etc, it was really great talking all this while he completed my landing formalities and finally handing over the copies of COPR and greeting "welcome to Canada".

To add a note I have applied and received a travel document as my PR card is held due to photo specification mismatch.. there are a lot of misinformation about applying for a PRTD, thanks to Qorax, for making things clear for me on this.

gans007 said:
Many thanks shaafqatz....if I tell them that I am returning back and in few posts I have noticed that they have refused to apply for PR card. If I don't tell them I am returning and then return will there be any issues?is luing to IO ok? I do not want to apply for a travel document as there are very few who have done it.
Please put some light into it...

Thanks

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
I'm not sure, how it works?

mic_silas said:
Hello shaafqatz, please advise....i wld do my landing by Feb 2013. as far as POF is concerned, can i present a funded standard charterd bank credit card as POF?

vast

Feb 13, 2010
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/09/jason-kenney-expected-to-announce-2900-being-stripped-of-citizenship-for-fraud/

The above link will guide you to make the correct decision.regards

mavrick09in

Sep 23, 2011
mic_silas said:
Hello shaafqatz, please advise....i wld do my landing by Feb 2013. as far as POF is concerned, can i present a funded standard charterd bank credit card as POF

Any credit card or bank statement is not accepted as POF.It has to be in CN / TC/ draft.

mavrick09in

Sep 23, 2011
gans007 said:
Hi everyone,

Regards
I have done my landing in Aug n came back in 4 days. Nobody is bothered when ru coming back. Unless you purposely tell the IO that u will be comin back he won't know n no one can check ur tkts unless they hv ur PNR no. If you docs r perfect no one can deny ur entry.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
will they speed up the PR card processing if we mention to them that we will be returning after the landing formalities and show them the return ticket

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
don't think mentioning return details will affect PR card processing in a negative ... that is what I have understood seeing this site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-not-submitted.asp

plz clarify..... has anyone used this service of CIC and the outcome

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
mic_silas said:
Credit card will not suffice the purpose....Its recommend to bring 80% of POF as DD/TC and rest in cash...

Regards, Spartan!

lavanworld

Apr 2, 2012
Dear gans00 & shaffqatz and others,

Iam also sailing in the same boat. i got PR recently and planning to do my landing formalities with my family in April 2013(deadline is may 2013 to complete my landing) . I currently on a work permit in Australia and need to return here after 3/ max 4 weeks. I have signed a work contract till sept 2013 as well as i paid a very huge amount here to undertake a examination , so if i wont return to austalia here i will lose exam fee as well as in breach of contract who sponsored me genuinely. so after sept 2013 iam thinking of moving permanently. It says 57 days to get PR card without including the public holidays. I dont want to put myself n family in trouble while returning permanently cos canada is our dream destination, i dnt know how reliable/ guaranteed is getting travel docs, if i tell them this truth will it affect my application? guys i suffered a lot just because i was a temp resident in many countries and many times we were relying on someone or other just for visa purpose, it just pissed me off to a extent that i developed a kind of aversion towards being temporary and never know when you will be kicked off.

I have a friend in calgary my last hope is to ask him to use his address for applying PR card and then return but not sure whether it is legal/ allowed, but if we get photo mismatch or other things , really dont know how to deal with it when you are outside canada.
Gangs00 plz let me know how ur proceed with ur process and other thing r u planning ur travel from australia to canada? i didnt even had a look at ticket prices :eek:, plz advice me on tickets if u fly from australia.

Shaffquatz would like to ask you abt travel documents, have u got it? Is it easy to get it n whats the validity?

sorry for so many questions, qorax suggested me to have a look at his page for info on travel docs. iam searching for it. All the very best everyone.

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
Sent you a PM..

lavanworld said:
Dear gans00 & shaffqatz and others,

Iam also sailing in the same boat. i got PR recently and planning to do my landing formalities with my family in April 2013(deadline is may 2013 to complete my landing) . I currently on a work permit in Australia and need to return here after 3/ max 4 weeks. I have signed a work contract till sept 2013 as well as i paid a very huge amount here to undertake a examination , so if i wont return to austalia here i will lose exam fee as well as in breach of contract who sponsored me genuinely. so after sept 2013 iam thinking of moving permanently. It says 57 days to get PR card without including the public holidays. I dont want to put myself n family in trouble while returning permanently cos canada is our dream destination, i dnt know how reliable/ guaranteed is getting travel docs, if i tell them this truth will it affect my application? guys i suffered a lot just because i was a temp resident in many countries and many times we were relying on someone or other just for visa purpose, it just pissed me off to a extent that i developed a kind of aversion towards being temporary and never know when you will be kicked off.

I have a friend in calgary my last hope is to ask him to use his address for applying PR card and then return but not sure whether it is legal/ allowed, but if we get photo mismatch or other things , really dont know how to deal with it when you are outside canada.
Gangs00 plz let me know how ur proceed with ur process and other thing r u planning ur travel from australia to canada? i didnt even had a look at ticket prices :eek:, plz advice me on tickets if u fly from australia.

Shaffquatz would like to ask you abt travel documents, have u got it? Is it easy to get it n whats the validity?

sorry for so many questions, qorax suggested me to have a look at his page for info on travel docs. iam searching for it. All the very best everyone.