+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned pnp application, pay again or use the same receipt?

KevinOwO

Feb 14, 2024
Hello, good people,

My PR application was returned due to a missing translated document.

They sent me a letter stating:

'As your application does not meet the requirements of R 10 of the IRPA, it is considered incomplete and is being returned to you along with your processing fee. A copy of your application has not been retained.

IRCC agents told me that I can submit a new application with the same receipt I have and give them a call a few days later so they can attach a note to indicate not to refund the payment. They explained that their refund process is extremely slow, and usually a candidate needs to actively request a refund. This is kind of contradictory to the statement I highlighted in the letter, so I called IRCC four times. Each time, I pretty much got the same response.

I know that similar questions were asked in this forum, but I saw no concrete response. I'd really appreciate your input, particularly if you've experienced similar issues before. How should I proceed? Pay again or use the same receipt in my new application?

Thanks!

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
anyone in the same boat? my application was also returned. on my non EE application I have added the missing documents .However I am unsure if I am required to pay the fees again or can I use the same receipt?

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I am non express entry and I think they changed the page which provides information on which fee is applicable. I was thinking of choosing the option 'non express entry through paper" even though i am applying non express entry through online portal. is this what you chose?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
anyone in the same boat? my application was also returned. on my non EE application I have added the missing documents .However I am unsure if I am required to pay the fees again or can I use the same receipt?
Just pay fees again for safe side and request refund from portal for other fees you paid . It can take around 2-4 months to get refund.

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Just pay fees again for safe side and request refund from portal for other fees you paid . It can take around 2-4 months to get refund.
What should i select when determining the amount of fees? It seems to have changed from the last time when i paid my fees
Do I select Non EE applying through mail even though i am applying on non EE portal

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
What should i select when determining the amount of fees? It seems to have changed from the last time when i paid my fees
Do I select Non EE applying through mail even though i am applying on non EE portal
Fees$CAN
Your application

Processing fee ($850) and right of permanent residence fee ($515)

1,365.00Your application (without right of permanent residence fee)850.00
Include your spouse or partner

1,365.00Include your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee)850.00Include a dependent child230.00(per child)
Also Biometric fees 85 .

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Fees$CAN
Your application

1,365.00Your application (without right of permanent residence fee)850.00
Include your spouse or partner

1,365.00Include your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee)850.00Include a dependent child230.00(per child)
Also Biometric fees 85 .
Thank you so much :)