+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned online application due to supposed problem with form IMM 5669. Resubmission tips?

Bobandie

Apr 23, 2022
So I finally heard back today after submitting February 5th that our online application was incomplete.

The culprit is form IMM 5669. They claim that all the fields were not filled in, and it was not signed.

This is an electronic form, requiring an electronic signature, that is mandatory for all applications. I remember my husband experiencing a glitch in the portal when filling in this form and being unsure if it had completed properly, so that may be the issue. (It's also ridiculous, surely if this form is required, the online portal should be set up so that the form and application can't be submitted unless it's complete?)

Anyway, I would love some advice from someone experienced with resubmission, as the information I received from IRCC isn't terribly informative:

- Can we simply fill in IMM 5669 in our online application again and re-submit, or do we have to create a completely new application, filling in all the forms again, put new dates on everything etc?

- Do we have to pay fees again?

- According to IRCC's letter, I now have a UCI number. Also, in the portal, all my other docs are shown as complete. Will they pick up the application again with this same UCI number and continue from the documents they already checked?

- Has anyone else had their application returned due to incomplete IMM 5669 and if so do you have any tips on filling it in properly?

- Is there anything that can be done to speed up processing of the returned application? Especially considering the form error seems to be due to a problem with the portal?

Thanks in advance for any tips, we carefully checked our application million times so this is extremely unexpected and disappointing.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
So I finally heard back today after submitting February 5th that our online application was incomplete.

The culprit is form IMM 5669. They claim that all the fields were not filled in, and it was not signed.

This is an electronic form, requiring an electronic signature, that is mandatory for all applications. I remember my husband experiencing a glitch in the portal when filling in this form and being unsure if it had completed properly, so that may be the issue. (It's also ridiculous, surely if this form is required, the online portal should be set up so that the form and application can't be submitted unless it's complete?)

Anyway, I would love some advice from someone experienced with resubmission, as the information I received from IRCC isn't terribly informative:

- Can we simply fill in IMM 5669 in our online application again and re-submit, or do we have to create a completely new application, filling in all the forms again, put new dates on everything etc?

- Do we have to pay fees again?

- According to IRCC's letter, I now have a UCI number. Also, in the portal, all my other docs are shown as complete. Will they pick up the application again with this same UCI number and continue from the documents they already checked?

- Has anyone else had their application returned due to incomplete IMM 5669 and if so do you have any tips on filling it in properly?

- Is there anything that can be done to speed up processing of the returned application? Especially considering the form error seems to be due to a problem with the portal?

Thanks in advance for any tips, we carefully checked our application million times so this is extremely unexpected and disappointing.
I am Sorry! Your application has returned, Following as i recently submitted my file.

Bobandie

Apr 23, 2022
Hi, Can you please tell me what was the reason for the refusal on June 09, 2022?
Hi, it was not refused but returned. Reason given was form IMM 5669. They claim that all the fields were not filled in, and it was not signed. We completed the form electronically in an online portal application and we remember filling it in and checking it so it appears to be an error in their portal or by the officer, but not sure what we can do, we'll need to resubmit.

Reactions: Addy@11

Addy@11

Aug 10, 2021
Hi, it was not refused but returned. Reason given was form IMM 5669. They claim that all the fields were not filled in, and it was not signed. We completed the form electronically in an online portal application and we remember filling it in and checking it so it appears to be an error in their portal or by the officer, but not sure what we can do, we'll need to resubmit.
Seems like lot of people are having the same issue. Good luck with the re-submission. I am still waiting for the AOR. Submitted my Wife's application on April 17th, 2022.

jleong92

Mar 14, 2022

Oh yeah, this happened to me, but with form imm1344e, which tells you not to physically sign the form if you apply online. So I didn't sign the form, and what do you know, my application was returned because I DO need to physically sign it. Wasted 3 months because of bad IRCC Instructions.

Anyways, we've received the AOR and I've been approved as a sponsor, So i guess we did it right the second time around.

Can we simply fill in IMM 5669 in our online application again and re-submit, or do we have to create a completely new application, filling in all the forms again, put new dates on everything etc?

I created a completely new application as for some reason i couldn't resubmit my old application. I did reference the UCI that i received in the return letter. Found out later that the reason i couldn't resubmit the old application was because it seems there was a form that i didn't fill out (you can see my question in my profile) I was able to submit it the first time without this form, but it no longer let me when resubmitting. So i think you can submit your old application or create a new one. But creating a new application did work for me. It also allowed me to add more evidence than i had previously, so i made my application stronger.

Do we have to pay fees again?

No, you use the same receipt as before

According to IRCC's letter, I now have a UCI number. Also, in the portal, all my other docs are shown as complete. Will they pick up the application again with this same UCI number and continue from the documents they already checked?

They will use the same UCI number but you won't be able to use it to sign up on the e portal until you receive an AOR.

Has anyone else had their application returned due to incomplete IMM 5669 and if so do you have any tips on filling it in properly?

This is one of the forms you fill out on the portal, so it's hard to mess it up, must've been a glitch. Just fill it out again and double check.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up processing of the returned application? Especially considering the form error seems to be due to a problem with the portal?

Absolutely nothing at all lol. Just have to resubmit and accept the fact that you lost some time. It took me 3 months for them to return my first application and another 3 months for them to accept the second application, very annoying to lose that time.

Karim@2022

Jul 3, 2022
Hi there,
I tried to fill the application for sponsoring my nehew online but the space allocated on the form for writing the full name in english and in native language is not enough to write the names as exactly as in the passport, What should I do? any one faced this situation

Addy@11

Aug 10, 2021
I received an email after 3 months regarding my online Spouse Application.
Application "Returned"
Reason: IMM 5536 is missing
Can someone tell me if I have to Complete a new application or I can just upload the form IMM 5536 with the existing application and resubmit it?
And also after the resubmission, would it still take another 3 months for the next update?
Thank you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If any of the forms have been revised/updated by CIC since you submitted the application, you would need to redo and submit those forms.

Regarding wait time after re-submission...it's impossible to predict.

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask a question since you have already submitted your applications.

For document uploads, did you guys upload the original documents? I know it is a silly questions, but I was thinking we are uploading the documents then why not upload the original with required stamps instead of true copies?

Please do let me know if the question makes any sense, thank you.

Maddy612

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
What?

Not to me.

So my country specific requirements says submit true copies, but it is the requirement since people were submitting paper based applications. For online applications, can i submit original scans of documents like original marriage certificate and its original translation etc?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So my country specific requirements says submit true copies, but it is the requirement since people were submitting paper based applications. For online applications, can i submit original scans of documents like original marriage certificate and its original translation etc?
Are you submitting with translations?