+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Citizenship Application

Ottawa91

Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone,
Today, I received my application back with an explanation that my application does not confirm my physical presence in Canada for the required number of days.

According to the physical calculator I had 1176 days. When I was calculating I put all days since I entered Canada ( including the days when I was under Implied status because implied status is under Temporary resident). I had implied status because my visa expired in April 2015 and they send me the new one in December 2015. During the whole time, I was in Canada, waiting.

On the other side, now I checked my PR original document and I realized that they made a mistake. I entered the country in December 2014, but in the document, it says December 2015.

I don't understand how and with whom they are checking the days, but they said that upon their check I didn't meet the requirements. Do you think that they didn't count my days as implied status or the problem is my PR document?

If their system is connected to the PR system, that means that I need to apply for Amend on my Confirmation for Permanent Residence ( to show them the stamp that I entered the country in 2014, not in 2015). The processing time for this is 6 months!

What I am supposed to do?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,
Today, I received my application back with an explanation that my application does not confirm my physical presence in Canada for the required number of days.

According to the physical calculator I had 1176 days. When I was calculating I put all days since I entered Canada ( including the days when I was under Implied status because implied status is under Temporary resident). I had implied status because my visa expired in April 2015 and they send me the new one in December 2015. During the whole time, I was in Canada, waiting.

On the other side, now I checked my PR original document and I realized that they made a mistake. I entered the country in December 2014, but in the document, it says December 2015.

I don't understand how and with whom they are checking the days, but they said that upon their check I didn't meet the requirements. Do you think that they didn't count my days as implied status or the problem is my PR document?

If their system is connected to the PR system, that means that I need to apply for Amend on my Confirmation for Permanent Residence ( to show them the stamp that I entered the country in 2014, not in 2015). The processing time for this is 6 months!

Are you saying you had Implied Status from April to December 2015? That is a very long time on Implied Status. What was your status up to April, what extension did you apply for and when did you apply?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had a visitor visa from December to April. I believe that I applied end of March for extension and I received my new Visitor Record in December.
That is way out of the norm for a visitor extension. Why was your original visitor status only for 4 months?

Post your full timeline.

Ottawa91

Jun 6, 2019
That is way out of the norm for a visitor extension. Why was your original visitor status only for 4 months?

Post your full timeline.
October: visa issued
December: Arrived in Canada
April: visa expired
July: applied for an extension ( Now, I checked my documents and I saw that I applied in July, not end of March). I applied in July, because of the rule of 90 days.
December: New visitor record

shyness

Mar 14, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan 2010
File Transfer...
jan 2015
Med's Request
jan 2015
Interview........
11/02/2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
When did you send your application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
July: applied for an extension ( Now, I checked my documents and I saw that I applied in July, not end of March). I applied in July, because of the rule of 90 days.
Yeah, that's what I thought. You cannot count any time spent while waiting for Restoration.

Reactions: Avadava

OKUKUSEKU

Aug 15, 2016
Hello everyone,

The exact same message I received from them. Was your money refunded though?

Ottawa91

Jun 6, 2019
The exact same message I received from them. Was your money refunded though?
I received the letter today, so I requested the refund today. On the CIC website it says that the process of refunding can take up to 6 weeks. They should refund the whole amount, right?

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Your
Hello everyone,

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Your five years eligibility will still be December 2019 according to my own understanding if you enter Canada December 2014.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Also implied status doesn't count. Try and recalculate your status period.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Dont you know that any visa should be extended before the current one expires. It clearly says that you have option to extend 30 days before and not sure how come you were told about 90 day rule after the status expires(which is illegal stay and then applying to restore even when there is a rule to restore the status).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html
"For any permit, you should always apply at least 30 days before your current status expires. "