+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Citizenship Application...Pls provide assistance.

Jan 13, 2014
Hello,

CIC received my Citizenship application on Dec 24th 2018, but they returned my application dated Feb 11th,2019 as there was some issues with my photographs. I would sending my new photos but I have few questions regarding resubmitting the application and need guidance. Pls help.

1. The letter states that " The application was considered incomplete and fees were not taken" - Do I need to pay the fees again or can I attach the original receipt and resubmit, as I do not see any refund on my Credit Card.

2. The letter also states " The completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated October 2017 or later as indicated on the lower left corner of the form" - When I filled the form last year the updated version was (06-2018), now the version of the form is (01-2019), Do I need to fill the form again with the newest version and resubmit, and what dates should I put for resubmitting as it is mentioned " Note: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations"

Pls help, I am trying to send my file again as soon as possible.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
1. Yes u can use old receipt no issues.
2. Signatures are valid for 90 days from signing date so based on ur signed date do the calculation if u think u can send and IRCC will receive application before 90 days period u can just attach the new pictures and resend same package back. Otherwise reprint same forms june 2018 version u used update the address history, employment history and physical presence or all other things which needs updating to current date and sign them current dated and send it out