+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Unfortunately I mistake was made on the application when it was sent in for processing. They returned the application with the correction that require to be made and a letter mentioning that all processing fees were reimbursed.

I have corrected the mistakes but I do not see that my credit card was reimbursed the funds. I payed 730 dollars for 2 applications for my wife and her son who is under 18 years of age.

What is the next steps?

regards

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Unfortunately I mistake was made on the application when it was sent in for processing. They returned the application with the correction that require to be made and a letter mentioning that all processing fees were reimbursed.

I have corrected the mistakes but I do not see that my credit card was reimbursed the funds. I payed 730 dollars for 2 applications for my wife and her son who is under 18 years of age.

What is the next steps?

regards
How did you pay the first time, online? Usually the receipt is good to use when you resend you application. What is the exact wording of the letter?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
"
If your application is incomplete
We return it to you with a letter that explains why your application is incomplete and what the next steps are.

The letter will tell you

"

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
This is the wording on the returned application..

page 1:
Your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken. Your application and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reasons.

"The use of a representative form was not fully completed, signed and dated.

If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include

the completed application form dated Oct 2017 or later
All the required documents
The proof of payment.

If you choose to request a refund of the fees paid, please see Annex A on the following page.

That is very conflicting..

First it says not processed and fees not taken, and at the end it says see Annex A.

I confirmed with my bank that no fees were credited back to my credit card.

Should I just redo the use of a representative and send all the original documents back for processing?

thanks

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Hi,

IRCC does not charge your CC if the application is returned. If you decide to send back the application with required corrections, simply attached the fee receipt again. Good luck!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
This is the wording on the returned application..

page 1:
Your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken. Your application and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reasons.

"The use of a representative form was not fully completed, signed and dated.

If you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include

the completed application form dated Oct 2017 or later
All the required documents
The proof of payment.

If you choose to request a refund of the fees paid, please see Annex A on the following page.

That is very conflicting..

First it says not processed and fees not taken, and at the end it says see Annex A.

I confirmed with my bank that no fees were credited back to my credit card.

Should I just redo the use of a representative and send all the original documents back for processing?

thanks
seems pretty clear to me. It states the fees were not taken “Your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken.”

Only IF you CHOOSE to get a refund, you’d have to refer to Annex A.
So just send the same fee receipt back.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Should I send a letter with the application stating that the document was corrected or just have the applicant sign where the signature was missing and resend all the originals back?

1 signature was missed on the USE of a Representative and it stopped the processing of the application.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Simply resend the application with the same receipt(s). Make sure to fix the issues they outlined.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Should I send a letter with the application stating that the document was corrected or just have the applicant sign where the signature was missing and resend all the originals back?

1 signature was missed on the USE of a Representative and it stopped the processing of the application.
Fix everything they have requested, but make sure the photos and date of a signature are within the time period stated (I think not more than 6 months ago)

And the signature date of the application has to be not more than 90 days before they receive it again.

Last edited:

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I am not quite understanding about the 90 days or 6 months thing.

does the signature have to be within 90 days or 6 months before they receive it.
All the applications have a date of Nov 29th when they were signed which brings it up to 85 days as of Feb 22nd. Feb 23rd will be 86 days.

i was thinking to just have the applicant sign the original paper that was missing the signature and keeping the date as of Nov 29,
they highlighted the area in yellow where the signature was missing and then ship all the original documents again for processing

or better to redo the document that was missing the signature with the current date of Feb 23rd.

or redo all documents period with the current dates in February.

thanks

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I am not quite understanding about the 90 days or 6 months thing.

does the signature have to be within 90 days or 6 months before they receive it.
All the applications have a date of Nov 29th when they were signed which brings it up to 85 days as of Feb 22nd. Feb 23rd will be 86 days.

i was thinking to just have the applicant sign the original paper that was missing the signature and keeping the date as of Nov 29,
they highlighted the area in yellow where the signature was missing and then ship all the original documents again for processing

or better to redo the document that was missing the signature with the current date of Feb 23rd.

or redo all documents period with the current dates in February.

thanks
I highly recommend you read the application guide thoroughly to avoid another mistake: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

The photo submitted cannot be more than 6 months old.
The date the application was signed cannot be more than 90 days old. Since the application was already returned and you’re at Day 86, by the time you send it back and they open it, it’ll be more than 90 days since the application was signed and dated.

Best to have the application resigned and re-dated and physical presence calculator amended to include the extra days gained since November.

Good luck!

Reactions: engray

blingyrie

May 10, 2017

What is the next steps?

regards
Sorry about that. Quickly sign and resend ...good thing the processing pace has picked so you all will be getting aor soon.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I can't believe a signature was forgotten on the Use of a Representative form, dumb me. .

Now this is becoming a dilemma because of the 90 days cut off from the time the application was signed on Nov29th. It is day 86 now and I am not sure if they will receive it on time if I send it registered mail today.

This is where I am confused...

1./ If I do a complete new application and have it all completed today, what happens with the old application (they glued her passport photo to the top right of the paperwork) when it was returned to me. DO I need new passport photos for her again?

It does mention on the returned paperwork the following message

NOTE: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.. Note was bolded black.

Now I understood from the website

(Type the date you will sign the application. The date you sign the application must be the same date as the application date used in the Online Physical Presence Calculator...)

Is there a possibility they are waiving the 90 days because of delays to mailing and processing due to covid?

thanks

Last edited:

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I can't believe a signature was forgotten on the Use of a Representative form, dumb me. .

Now this is becoming a dilemma because of the 90 days cut off from the time the application was signed on Nov29th. It is day 86 now and I am not sure if they will receive it on time if I send it registered mail today.

1./ If I do a complete new application and have it all completed today, what happens with the old application (they glued her passport photo to the top right of the paperwork) when it was returned to me. DO I need new passport photos for her again?

NOTE: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations.. Note was bolded black.

(Type the date you will sign the application. The date you sign the application must be the same date as the application date used in the Online Physical Presence Calculator...)

Is there a possibility they are waiving the 90 days because of delays to mailing and processing due to covid?

thanks
No. Also, starting March 1st, they won't accept the old application format. So best to fill out a new application per person, update the physical presence calculator, try and see if you can remove the photos safely and resend.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019

thanks
From others who reported having their application returned and the note:
the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations..
they usually didn't fill out the new application again, they just added the missing information and send it back. Did they write somewhere on your application as complete?