+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application

tracker4u

Nov 1, 2009
Hi Folks, I submitted a family application in May 2014, application was returned as in incomplete in July because I did not include the bio page of an old passport for my children (we just renewed their passport). I have send back the application immediately with the requested information. My concern is:-

Would the application be put back on its original position on the queue (e.i. May, if the application was submitted in May) or be given a new position on the queue (e.i. July if the application was sent back to CIC in July).

Thanks

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had this happen to me over a photograph.

The application will go in as a new one and go to the end of the queue.

kenyadian

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tracker4u said:
Just lost two months.....Thanks Kenyadian for sharing your experience
The good thing is you can tack on the two months to your days in Canada. When you resend your application, resign the last page of the form with the new date and send in a new calculation from the online calculator.

I feel your pain though, I was in the same boat. Got my citizenship though and was pretty happy with the speed it was processed, despite the RQ!

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
A friend of mine, in fact at least two, had similar problem and they sent their application back and two 2 to 3 months and they have had their application proceeded in max 3 months
The answer, likely will go faster, will enter queue but processed fast

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Important : Re: Returned Application

Just to heads up,

If you do not know something missed out and CIC send back application obviously you cannot save time.

But after sending application, if you found out that you missed out something send a new application right away and do not wait for the CIC to return your application. This will save your time.

Also mention in your application that previously you submitted the application, ...was missing and hence you are submitting new application.

I did that when I applied in Jan 2014 and it saved me at least 3 months of time. This suggestion was given by the CIC representative.

canadp

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenyadian said:
I had this happen to me over a photograph.

The application will go in as a new one and go to the end of the queue.
what happened to your photo that resulted in a return? thanks

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Is there any chance CIC will send back the application 2 times for different mistakes? For example if first time we didn't stamp the photo, then we stamped it and sent back. Then being sent back again with another problem like not written NA. Or they would have stated both the mistakes in the first return?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they will keep sending you back the papers if you missed something. You will loose your days, so make sure to attached all the docs and always look at the checklist.

I once received my apps back and i loose 3 months because of that. I applied on July and they received the docs (right one) October then after 3 months I received RQ hehehehe

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
It would be beneficial to triple check the documents and even get some help from an experienced person to review your application. With all the changes of Bill C-24 in mind, you should get your application package ready as soon as possible.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
they will keep sending you back the papers if you missed something. You will loose your days, so make sure to attached all the docs and always look at the checklist.

I once received my apps back and i loose 3 months because of that. I applied on July and they received the docs (right one) October then after 3 months I received RQ hehehehe
I already being sent back 1 time, lost 1.5 month. It's because my passport already expired. When I received the package, I didn't even touch other things, just put in an explanation letter and resent it, took me only 10 minutes.
Do you know why you got RQ?

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
BLT said:
Is there any chance CIC will send back the application 2 times for different mistakes? For example if first time we didn't stamp the photo, then we stamped it and sent back. Then being sent back again with another problem like not written NA. Or they would have stated both the mistakes in the first return?
I have the same issue. I did not write N/A for some questions.

I've just called CIC. The agent on the phone told that he does not really know and he saw it goes both ways. He told me that some people got their applications back because they did not N/A for some questions, and some people got their applications proccessed normally even they did not N/A. It really depends on the person who will process our applications he added.
Then he said it also depends on what kind if questions you left unanswered.

I hope our applications are on a lenient CIC officer's desk because returning the application two times means loosing four months

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I agree, those processing our application are human. Some will make it easy for you, while some will feel happy to press the send-back button seeing anything not accordingly. That's why we need this thread to share experience.

pmehley

Jul 21, 2014
Yes. They will. I had mine returned twice. First because I missed sending the English Certificate and second time I missed sending the Original Birth certificate (Non-English) for my child.
BLT said:

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
You know what really bothers me is when they sent me my package back for the first time because my language proof was not accepted, why they did not mention anything about those empty questions!! Why they did not tell me those should be answered or write N/A if they dont apply to me!!