+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returned application (Urgent - please)

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Can anyone please, who has similar experience or knowledge, advise:

My mother is being sponsored for PR by her husband from within Canada. We sent an application package in November 2014 along with an open work permit. Today we received the package back because one of the signature missing on one of the forms. Now my question: Can we just sign it and resend even though it will be backdated. Or do we have to redo the whole package. The police certificate, if we were to resend it, would be outdated but she has not left Canada since applying.
Would really appreciate your help guys.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, since there was a missing signature (versus simply submitting an outdated form) AND the fact that everything was returned...she has to start all over.

Be sure to include the latest versions of ALL forms. I know that IMM 0008 was updated just this month!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, if here status has expired since submitting the application in November, she needs to apply for Restoration of Status (if it's been less than 90 days since her status expired) to be eligible for the pilot program OWP. Otherwise, she will be in Canada without status and would not qualify for an OWP until she reaches stage 1 approval (AIP)...which would be ~ mid-2016 at this rate.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Ponga said:
Also, if here status has expired since submitting the application in November, she needs to apply for Restoration of Status (if it's been less than 90 days since her status expired) to be eligible for the pilot program OWP. Otherwise, she will be in Canada without status and would not qualify for an OWP until she reaches stage 1 approval (AIP)...which would be ~ mid-2016 at this rate.
that what I was affraid of:( Thank you for your time and help.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
You don't need to apply for another polive certificate as the current should be valid as she has not left Canada since the time her application was submitted 1st time.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Suin said:
You don't need to apply for another polive certificate as the current should be valid as she has not left Canada since the time her application was submitted 1st time.
well, are you sure about it? because that was our logic too but when i spoke to an agent he was adamant we need to resubmit the police clearence

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't risk it.

Even CIC is well aware that person (if they really wanted to) could leave Canada, commit a crime and then return to Canada undetected (sneaking across the border, smuggled, etc.) which is obviously NOT what your mother has done, but...she could have.

The bottom line is that the police check is now obsolete to CIC. It will still be obsolete when CIC receives the sponsorship application again.

To minimize the delay, you could include a note with the new application (and even include the old police check) and explain that a new one has been ordered. As soon as she has her UCI number, she can forward it to CIC and `hope' that it is matched up with her file.