+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application (pnp Ontario master stream non-expressed entry)

KevinOwO

Feb 14, 2024
Hi good people,

I received a disheartening email this morning saying that my application has been returned along with the processing fee due to missing a translated version of my birth certificate. In the email it also mentioned that a copy of my application had not been retained.

I am confused by this email as it makes me feel that I should start a new application entirely which does not make sense to me if the application is returned (not refused). I thought I should just get my missing document and resubmit my application, or should I actually start a new application? I contacted IRCC and got conflicting information on this matter.

Has anyone encountered something similar? I am kinda lost here and appreciate your input!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi good people,

I received a disheartening email this morning saying that my application has been returned along with the processing fee due to missing a translated version of my birth certificate. In the email it also mentioned that a copy of my application had not been retained.

I am confused by this email as it makes me feel that I should start a new application entirely which does not make sense to me if the application is returned (not refused). I thought I should just get my missing document and resubmit my application, or should I actually start a new application? I contacted IRCC and got conflicting information on this matter.

Has anyone encountered something similar? I am kinda lost here and appreciate your input!
It's a new application. Your application was incomplete so you have to apply again.

KevinOwO

Feb 14, 2024
It's a new application. Your application was incomplete so you have to apply again.
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping that is not the case but I guess I have to start a new application again. Another question is do I need to pay again? Or can I use the receipt from the old application?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping that is not the case but I guess I have to start a new application again. Another question is do I need to pay again? Or can I use the receipt from the old application?
You have to pay again as the previous payment is in the process of refund or already refunded to your account/credit card (whichever you used for payment).

KevinOwO

Feb 14, 2024
You have to pay again as the previous payment is in the process of refund or already refunded to your account/credit card (whichever you used for payment).
Thanks, I actually called IRCC, they told me that I can use the same receipt as they checked the money is still in their reserve. What they explained that their refund process is extremely slow so I can submit a new application with the old receipt and call them to attach a note for this payment to not to refund. Should I follow this advice? How trustworthy are those agents? I called them three times and basically got the same answer haha

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thanks, I actually called IRCC, they told me that I can use the same receipt as they checked the money is still in their reserve. What they explained that their refund process is extremely slow so I can submit a new application with the old receipt and call them to attach a note for this payment to not to refund. Should I follow this advice? How trustworthy are those agents? I called them three times and basically got the same answer haha
Just to clarify, which was returned? Your OINP application or your Federal PR application? If OINP, you should contact Ontario Immigration. IRCC is on Federal level, not Provincial.

KevinOwO

Feb 14, 2024
Just to clarify, which was returned? Your OINP application or your Federal PR application? If OINP, you should contact Ontario Immigration. IRCC is on Federal level, not Provincial.
It is the Federal PR application. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
It is the Federal PR application. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.
If I were you, I would submit a new receipt. While it may take a long time for the refund, if both the refund and PR application process have started (overlap) then you are at risk again of returned application. Because IRCC might not see a valid payment receipt since the refund has started. But this is just my opinion, others may have a different comment.

Reactions: KevinOwO and scylla