+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return to canada to apply for PGWP

vaishalichd

Star Member
Apr 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I am doing my last semester in the master's program at McGill and will graduate by end of December 2022. But I am planning to visit home in India in mid of Dec for 2 months. My friend suggested me to apply for PGWP before leaving for home. However, Mcgill will not be able to provide the confirmation letter of program completion at least before Feb 15th! That means I can't even apply before I leave.

So, I wonder if I can still return to Canada with my study permit and entry visa in mid of February? I will apply for PGWP once I come back since it is only eligible within 6 months after graduation. Someone told me that CBSA won't allow me to re-enter to apply for pgwp.

Anyone has done this before? My study permit and entry visa (multiple) are both valid till March 31, 2023!

Please give any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am doing my last semester in the master's program at McGill and will graduate by end of December 2022. But I am planning to visit home in India in mid of Dec for 2 months. My friend suggested me to apply for PGWP before leaving for home. However, Mcgill will not be able to provide the confirmation letter of program completion at least before Feb 15th! That means I can't even apply before I leave.

So, I wonder if I can still return to Canada with my study permit and entry visa in mid of February? I will apply for PGWP once I come back since it is only eligible within 6 months after graduation. Someone told me that CBSA won't allow me to re-enter to apply for pgwp.

Anyone has done this before? My study permit and entry visa (multiple) are both valid till March 31, 2023!

Please give any suggestions. Thanks in advance!
Your study permit expires 90 days following graduation (mid December) so you want to return before it expires. So you can return in February..

Reactions: vaishalichd