+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

return to canada after overstayed

nickcast1988

Sep 19, 2017
hello everyone, last year I went to visit canada and I liked so much that I asked for an extension as visitor, j come from an visa exempt country. Unfortunately I got refused, but I did not get any removal order and I was not even told to notify my departure, anyway I stayed around six months longer and after I left. Nobody asked me anything and I just left.I am thinking about going to the us,and my friend and I thought about driving to Toronto, he is a greencard holder is the us. My question is, is it possible that my entry gets denied at the border? I wanted also to leave from Toronto airport and go to Mexico for a trip. Do you think it is risky for me to go back to canada? Are they going to deny me the entry?
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's always some chance you could be denied entry - the chance of that increases with an overstay. Impossible for any of us to say what will happen at the border - that will be up to the CBSA officer you speak to.

nickcast1988

Sep 19, 2017
There's always some chance you could be denied entry - the chance of that increases with an overstay. Impossible for any of us to say what will happen at the border - that will be up to the CBSA officer you speak to.
I understand, but there are no proofs on my passport that I overstayed, can the officer check the flight records?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand, but there are no proofs on my passport that I overstayed, can the officer check the flight records?
Yes - they have access to information beyond what's in your passport.

Reactions: jman25

nickcast1988

Sep 19, 2017
Yes - they have access to information beyond what's in your passport.
ok I understood, as you said it's always up to the officer, my friend that live in the us told me that when you come from the states usually they don't care that much, they just stamp your passport while you're in the car, anyway I'm going to prove them I'm gonna live canada for Mexico

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok I understood, as you said it's always up to the officer, my friend that live in the us told me that when you come from the states usually they don't care that much, they just stamp your passport while you're in the car, anyway I'm going to prove them I'm gonna live canada for Mexico
At the Canadian entry point from USA, CBSA officer at the gate will scan your passport and will ask you how long you stayed in Canada during last visit and the date you departed. You cannot lie there and admit the fact that you did overstay, which could end in a refusal of entry. But incase (??),if the officer does not check your period of stay, he may let you in..... God only knows!!!!