+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return tickets?

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
My fiance and I will be going to Canada for approximately a year.
She is on a study permit and I will be accompanying her on a multiple entry visitors visa. I would like to avoid buying return tickets if possible as I would like to keep the exact date of our return flexible.

Are we going to be required to show that we have return tickets at the port of entry or are one way tickets okay?

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
most likely return ticket good but read time line islamabad there aremany answer there

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

malcolmm said:
My fiance and I will be going to Canada for approximately a year.
She is on a study permit and I will be accompanying her on a multiple entry visitors visa. I would like to avoid buying return tickets if possible as I would like to keep the exact date of our return flexible.

Are we going to be required to show that we have return tickets at the port of entry or are one way tickets okay?
It is quite possible that the airline will not board you with a one-way ticket, since if you are refused admission, they will be fined and have to return you to your home country. If you make it to the POE, CBSA then makes the decision.

PMM

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
The airline might not refused to sell u single ticket but at the port of entry the immigration officer might want to know your return if have return ticket its convincing u will return home and also malcolm these fight is not over u still need to be consistent before u leave pls asked frequent question regard the whole process port entry they could be funny so constinstency is it play vital role in these hope that helps u

super.jm

Oct 14, 2009
The airline ability not banned to advertise u individual admission but at the anchorage of access the clearing administrator ability wish to appertain your acknowledgment if accept acknowledgment admission its acceptable u will acknowledgment home and as well Malcolm these action is not over u still charge to be constant a fore u leave pls asked common catechism attention the accomplished action anchorage access they could be funny so consistency is it play basic role in these achievement that helps u