+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return ticket

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
hi! I already got my tourist visa, my problem is my original plan is to stay in canada for 6 months as a tourist , I will stay on my brother’s house, he also promise to help me in finances for 6 months . The thing is in the letter I only put 3 weeks because I’m scared that my visa may not get approve if I will say I will stay for six months . Is it going to put me in trouble if will not follow the dates that I wrote in the letter? Also I do believe that it is still depend on the officer till when should I stay, So is it okay if I just book a return ticket open date?

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
hi! I already got my tourist visa, my problem is my original plan is to stay in canada for 6 months as a tourist , I will stay on my brother’s house, he also promise to help me in finances for 6 months . The thing is in the letter I only put 3 weeks because I’m scared that my visa may not get approve if I will say I will stay for six months . Is it going to put me in trouble if will not follow the dates that I wrote in the letter? Also I do believe that it is still depend on the officer till when should I stay, So is it okay if I just book a return ticket open date?
It will depend on the officer but usually it will be 6mos. in my previous visit, they didnt even stamp in my passport. I assume it was 6mos...to be safe, u must have a return ticket.. you dont have job in your home country? i was wondering coz u are planning to stay for that longer period...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
An outbound tickets from Canada is a requirement. Personal experience has proven they won’t let you board the plane to Canada without one. How much time you are allowed to stay is determined by CBSA at entry.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
At the POE, you could be asked to prove you have finances to support your stay + strong ties to your home country besides the return ticket.

Do keep in mind: Your length of your intended stay of 6 months could affect the length of future stays and/or future visa applications

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
It will depend on the officer but usually it will be 6mos. in my previous visit, they didnt even stamp in my passport. I assume it was 6mos...to be safe, u must have a return ticket.. you dont have job in your home country? i was wondering coz u are planning to stay for that longer period...
I don’t have work but I have a business , my parents will take care of it while I’m in canada

Anneche

Oct 31, 2018
At the POE, you could be asked to prove you have finances to support your stay + strong ties to your home country besides the return ticket.

Do keep in mind: Your length of your intended stay of 6 months could affect the length of future stays and/or future visa applications
Really? Even they allow me to stay for 6 mo the?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really? Even they allow me to stay for 6 mo the?
Yes.

Someone that has genuine employment/business ties, would not be able to take six months off + depend on the Canadian host for financial support. This could work against an approval for the next visa or even the next entry

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck