+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return ticket or one way?

Crissy12

Oct 12, 2008
My husband just received his visa to immigrate to Canada as a PR and I was looking at prices of plane tickets and it seems cheaper to get a return. Is he able to come here on a return ticket so he can save money or will that look bad when he arrives?

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
At the immigration port of entry they dont ask about your ticket or itenary. The likely stuff to be asked is probaby funds at hand if you have cash and that is it. Remeber only related immigration questions nothing to kill your head about with.

Canucklehead

May 29, 2014
Crissy12 said:
My husband just received his visa to immigrate to Canada as a PR and I was looking at prices of plane tickets and it seems cheaper to get a return. Is he able to come here on a return ticket so he can save money or will that look bad when he arrives?
I'm also curious of this. I am getting close to submitting my application to sponsor my wife and I am thinking that showing a purchased ticket to Canada will help with the "Proof of Intent". However, if it's a return ticket that might not work. One way tickets for my family costs about $15,000 CDN where as return for all of us is $3500. Wonder if it's not a big deal to not include return ticket with application?

Peterh1970

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
I thought that airlines has to give information in advance about the passenger to Canada like pasport information, who paid the ticket and also thought itenary of the ticket. I'm not 100 procent sure about what information they need, but to be save I have booked for myself a one way ticket to land in Canada. First I thought to book a 2way ticket and just make the return flight to Canada, but I found out that my airline cancel the return ticket when you don't show up to the first flight. I booked the one way also for not to have to give the answer why I booked a return flight, that it was cheaper to take a return flight. I plan to land in May.