+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returing application

joote

Dec 15, 2015
last month, my application returned to me due to missing document. Now i have the document they want which is my proof of language. my question is do i need to fill another form or i can send the one they sent me before. thx

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
joote said:
last month, my application returned to me due to missing document. Now i have the document they want which is my proof of language. my question is do i need to fill another form or i can send the one they sent me before. thx
Did you apply under the old rule or new rules. If your entire application was returned, I'm afraid you might have to re-apply as a fresh, with all required documents, photographs and appropriate fee.

If CIC wanted you to send just the missing document, they would have NOT returned the entire application. So, you got to apply as new.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use the same application. Add the missing document and copy of your fee receipt. Possibley a cover letter with it. When they send back you the application they send you a Anex A form to sign. The form has two options. Option 1 to send application with missing documents and get it processed. Option 2 is to get a refund and withdraw. If your returned application is date stamped use the old one it will be better for you. Click on the link below and read.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

joote

Dec 15, 2015
Raja420 said:
You can use the same application. Add the missing document and copy of your fee receipt. Possibley a cover letter with it. When they send back you the application they send you a Anex A form to sign. The form has two options. Option 1 to send application with missing documents and get it processed. Option 2 is to get a refund and withdraw. If your returned application is date stamped use the old one it will be better for you. Click on the link below and read.
yes, my returned application is date stamped. i just didn't know if i can send the same form or not. appreciate your help.

joote

Dec 15, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Did you apply under the old rule or new rules. If your entire application was returned, I'm afraid you might have to re-apply as a fresh, with all required documents, photographs and appropriate fee.

If CIC wanted you to send just the missing document, they would have NOT returned the entire application. So, you got to apply as new.
i applied under new rule. they sent me a letter explaining why they return my application. it was due to missing language proof. but i have no idea why they sent me the entire application over one single missing document. nevertheless i have the document they want now. so, i should be fine.

Raja420

Dec 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the Article in the link. After June 11 2015 they will keep sending back the entire uncomplete application until it has all the supporting documents. Your application is Considered "Locked In" for that date and you still qualify for that date for filing. But you have to use the same application.

Quote From CIC:

For applications received at the CPC-S on or after June 11, 2015

An application must be complete to be accepted for processing and is considered complete only if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
•the application is made in the form and manner and at the place required;
•it includes the required information;
•it is accompanied by any supporting evidence and fees.

The date a person signs the application form is the date of filing. It is important to note that this is not the date on which the application is determined to be complete and accepted for processing. Where the date on an application is more than three months old (90 calendar days) when received (staledated), or where the date is a date in the future (postdated), the application will be treated as if it is unsigned. An unsigned application is not a duly completed application and will be returned to the applicant. See also the transitional provisions.

► Additional background information

Guidelines

▼ Using the same application

It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a new application kit or to re-sign and redate an application every time an application is returned for incompleteness. If an application is signed and dated, not postdated or staledated, it is considered “locked-in” on the date that it is originally signed and dated. The filing date is used to maintain, for example, the original residence calculation. Therefore, the applicant(s) must provide the missing information and/or documentation and resubmit the same application.

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
joote said:
When we applied CIC returned our application due to old passport copy, we sent documents they are asking together with all the application that they returned.