+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resubmitting PR and OWP applications online?

daniel07

Nov 7, 2018
Hi guys

My PR and OWP were returned yesterday as I had an older version of one of the forms.

EDIT - my initial application was by post.

I have therefore lost my implied status, and will reapply for it to be restored today. I will also stop working today.

My question: can I resubmit my PR and OWP applications online? Current turnaround on online applications is almost a month faster according to CIC.

Thanks!

Daniel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys

My PR and OWP were returned yesterday as I had an older version of one of the forms.

EDIT - my initial application was by post.

I have therefore lost my implied status, and will reapply for it to be restored today. I will also stop working today.

My question: can I resubmit my PR and OWP applications online? Current turnaround on online applications is almost a month faster according to CIC.

Thanks!

Daniel
No - the inland application cannot be done online. Mail in only.

For OWPs attached to inland spousal sponsorship applications, you should be expecting 4 months processing time from the date the completed (the timelines posted on the IRCC site don't apply). Might take longer in your case since restoration has to be approved first.

Reactions: YVR123

daniel07

Nov 7, 2018
No - the inland application cannot be done online. Mail in only.

For OWPs attached to inland spousal sponsorship applications, you should be expecting 4 months processing time from the date the completed (the timelines posted on the IRCC site don't apply). Might take longer in your case since restoration has to be approved first.
hough
Many thanks for your help.

I'm currently very confused though. I spoke to IRCC and they sent me the following:

"
Restoration - Worker

You can request to restore your status in Canada if it has expired within the past 90-day period.

The application is available on our website. You can either:

• Apply online, or
  • Send an application by mail.
We recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

Useful reminders:

• The restoration cost is $200 per person in addition to the work permit fee.

• You will need to wait until your status is restored to resume work"

Is this the process I need to follow? Restore to a worker? Or do I need to get a temporary visitor visa or something similar?

Daniel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hough
Many thanks for your help.

I'm currently very confused though. I spoke to IRCC and they sent me the following:

"
Restoration - Worker

You can request to restore your status in Canada if it has expired within the past 90-day period.

The application is available on our website. You can either:

• Apply online, or
  • Send an application by mail.
We recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you in completing and submitting your application.

Useful reminders:

• The restoration cost is $200 per person in addition to the work permit fee.

• You will need to wait until your status is restored to resume work"

Is this the process I need to follow? Restore to a worker? Or do I need to get a temporary visitor visa or something similar?

Daniel
You can certainly restore your status online. However the inland application + OWP must be mailed in - there is no online option available for spousal sponsorship.

You will be restoring your status to visitor. It would only be possible to restore your status to worker at this point if you had a job offer and approved LMIA.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
BTW: IRCC help desk generally has very little idea what they are talking about when it comes to more complex issues like yours. Take their advice with a grain of salt.

daniel07

Nov 7, 2018
You can certainly restore your status online. However the inland application + OWP must be mailed in - there is no online option available for spousal sponsorship.

You will be restoring your status to visitor. It would only be possible to restore your status to worker at this point if you had a job offer and approved LMIA.
Many thanks. I've tried Googling and am getting very confused. Would you be able to provide a link explaining what I need to do in order to restore my status to visitor? Or just tell me what to Google?

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate the help.