+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

restoring status

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Hi guys im writing this for some feedback I put my extended stay application in on may 25th as my visitor status was due to run out on the 26th of june as I am preparing all my paperwork for my pr application which is nearly all completed my application was not looked at until aug 27th they sent my application to extend back as had missed 2 little boxes on my application with a letter informing me that my status was due to run out on the 26th of September and to restore my status I would have to pay an extra 125.oo dollars which I did the day I received my application back and posted it back express mail which they have received my question is will they restore my status as i have been looking on sites and i have read that they might not restore status can anyone give me any information regarding this thanks for reading my post

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I would call the help centre since this is an inland application. They can probably give you more accurate answer than anyone on these forums.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
irritated said:
Hi guys im writing this for some feedback I put my extended stay application in on may 25th as my visitor status was due to run out on the 26th of june as I am preparing all my paperwork for my pr application which is nearly all completed my application was not looked at until aug 27th they sent my application to extend back as had missed 2 little boxes on my application with a letter informing me that my status was due to run out on the 26th of September and to restore my status I would have to pay an extra 125.oo dollars which I did the day I received my application back and posted it back express mail which they have received my question is will they restore my status as i have been looking on sites and i have read that they might not restore status can anyone give me any information regarding this thanks for reading my post
You are under "implied status" until a decision is made (approved or denied) on your application for extension

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Giving them a shout at the CIC helpline won't be a bad idea either.

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Well its Friday and still no reply from CIC regarding restoring my status and my 90 days is up on the 26th hope I hear something next week before the 26th fingers crossed :-[

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
panicking now CIC received my application back on the 10th of September to extend my stay amended application and to restore my status.as my 90 days grace ends this week on the 26th cic call centre has a high volume of calls due to the strike as stated on there site .what happens after my 90 days is up and still no word from CIC any answers would be very grateful from anyone who has went through the same thing as myself :(

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irritated said:
panicking now CIC received my application back on the 10th of September to extend my stay amended application and to restore my status.as my 90 days grace ends this week on the 26th cic call centre has a high volume of calls due to the strike as stated on there site .what happens after my 90 days is up and still no word from CIC any answers would be very grateful from anyone who has went through the same thing as myself :(
You are still under "implied status"; you have temporary resident status and can stay until you have the results of your application.

When you put your extension application on 5/25, your initial stay was to end on 6/26. From that point you will enter "implied status" as soon as your initial stay expired (6/26) until you get results of your application for extension.

When your application was returned to you on 8/27 - your initial stay had expired, and you had results of your application (negative). You enter into the grace period for restoration of status (90 days) from end of your initial stay (6/26) until 9/26.

As you had reapplied for extension + restoration of status within the 90-day grace period, you again fall under "implied status"; you can stay until you get results of your reapplication + restoration of status.

/all the best...

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Hi ragluf thank you so much for clearing that up for me these past few weeks have been nothing but stress at least I now know I am classed as implied status again :)

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
hi guys just an update on my subject I sent back my extended stay application in September due to missing 2 little boxes and had to pay for restoring my status my application was received back on September 10th.still no word from immigration regarding my case until yesterday returned home to find a message on the answer machine asking me to call them as it was late there office was closed so now i'm thinking is it bad news and do they call you when its a refusal of your application. anyone who has been in this situation before and who could give me any advice would be very much appreciated thank you for taking the time to read my post.

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Hello guys recent update on my post I called the immigration office today and was informed my application to extend my stay and restore my status has ben approved.my document for my extended stay was posted out Friday so now I can look forward to celebrating my first wedding anniversary with my lovely husband on the 21st of December and Christmas together :) I would like to wish all the people on this forum a happy holidays and I hope everything turns out good for you guys thanks for taking the time to read my post bye for now and take care ;D

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irritated said:
Hello guys recent update on my post I called the immigration office today and was informed my application to extend my stay and restore my status has ben approved.my document for my extended stay was posted out Friday so now I can look forward to celebrating my first wedding anniversary with my lovely husband on the 21st of December and Christmas together :) I would like to wish all the people on this forum a happy holidays and I hope everything turns out good for you guys thanks for taking the time to read my post bye for now and take care ;D
;D ;D ;D .. all the best!