+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoring status from worker to visitor

Canabliss

Oct 18, 2021
If BOWP is rejected/ refused & PR is still in process how does one restore status from worker to visitor? Will status as visitor impact the PR in process?
Can one appeal a BOWP rejection/ refusal? If yes, how?

Elloskar

Dec 10, 2021
If BOWP is rejected/ refused & PR is still in process how does one restore status from worker to visitor? Will status as visitor impact the PR in process?
Can one appeal a BOWP rejection/ refusal? If yes, how?
Hello! I was wondering if you ever got an answer elsewhere regarding how to restore your status as a visitor from worker?

We may be in a situation very soon where our BOWP is rejected and our original work permits have expired but we need to restore status in Canada to maintain a PNP nomination. If we lose status on BOWP rejection, we won't be eligible to restore as a worker (because we're on IRC work permits right now) but can we restore as a visitor?

The issue we have is that the IRCC website only seems to talk about restoring your status to what it was before. The example they give is that a student can't restore their status to worker. But they don't talk about if a worker can restore to visitor. Can only a visitor restore to visitor? We've never held visitor status in Canada. I've seen people talk about doing this but yet to see any info on how they did it, or if it was successful. Hoping you or someone can help. Thank you!

vignesh93

Jan 2, 2019
Hello! I was wondering if you ever got an answer elsewhere regarding how to restore your status as a visitor from worker?

We may be in a situation very soon where our BOWP is rejected and our original work permits have expired but we need to restore status in Canada to maintain a PNP nomination. If we lose status on BOWP rejection, we won't be eligible to restore as a worker (because we're on IRC work permits right now) but can we restore as a visitor?

The issue we have is that the IRCC website only seems to talk about restoring your status to what it was before. The example they give is that a student can't restore their status to worker. But they don't talk about if a worker can restore to visitor. Can only a visitor restore to visitor? We've never held visitor status in Canada. I've seen people talk about doing this but yet to see any info on how they did it, or if it was successful. Hoping you or someone can help. Thank you!
HI did you successfully restored your status and converted to visitor? can you plesae share info on this.? Thanks