+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

restore status as visitor

gracias

Apr 16, 2015
hello, need help.
both myself and my sister are foreign workers, but i have a permanent residency application ongoing and waiting for my bridging open work permit, my question is, can i be the guarantor for my sisiter's application as visitor to restore her status while waiting for her LMIA? thank you. :)

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since you are in an implied status I don't think you should be taking on anyone under your responsibility. If your sister hasn't applied for a new permit and her current one just expired she is considered here illegally and it might cause more complications if she doesn't straighten that soon. You can give her a letter saying you will help her financially but i would wait for the bridge work permit first then do that also you might have to show a proof of funds or employment

Good luck!

gracias said:
hello, need help.
both myself and my sister are foreign workers, but i have a permanent residency application ongoing and waiting for my bridging open work permit, my question is, can i be the guarantor for my sisiter's application as visitor to restore her status while waiting for her LMIA? thank you. :)

gracias

Apr 16, 2015
Ok. I think that would be better, hopefully I'll get my permit soon. Thank you for answering my question. :)

amelia1727

Mar 10, 2012
I will never do that option. Remember, even if you applied for PR in Canada it does not guarantee the result. By having implied status, you are still waiting for the releasing of your open work permit.

If you are giving support letter to your sister it means you should be financially stable through work and status here in Canada since you will state in the letter that if anything happened you will be supporting your sister.