+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration

yalljust

Feb 10, 2022
What are the chances of my restoration of status getting renewed if I studied without authorization for 22 days after my study permit expired ?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
It depends. You should first try Restoration of Status: pay the Restoration Fee with application for a new Study Permit and include a letter explaining your situation. Assuming that you are still in the program of study (haven't finished your diploma/degree yet), you should be able to have your status as a Student renewed. If this is not your situation, you can immediately apply for a Visitors visa or possibly a Temporary Resident Visa while you figure out your next steps. This is the advice that was given to me today by an agent at IRCC's call centre.

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello,

I appreciate your response and suggestions. My status in Canada as a worker (Employer specific) has been expired last month. However, I recently received a letter of invitation with an LMIA exemption number to work for a new employer. Since my spouse is with me in Canada, wherein I have to restore her status of her along with me, I am confused about whether I have to apply for the restoration as a worker or as a visitor. Please advise me if anyone can able to help me out