File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is there any other option so they can allow me to go back to work. can't wait that long.
Not from within Canada. You have to wait for restoration.

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Oct 30, 2020
i am on a restoration status. I will apply this week for a study permit. is there a possibility that I could get my study permit before january.

kellykeler

Oct 26, 2020
depending on what kind of Work Permit you held, you can apply for an interim work auth. I applied for it and got rejected since its for LMIA work permit holders
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/exemption.html
Work permit with employer support that im applying. so i guess i'll be rejected as well. im under PNP this is exempt for LMIA.

Oct 30, 2020
Hi, I applied for my study permit while on restoration, and I got a positive response. they have approved my study permit and have sent me the document. Could anyone tell me how long does it take to receive it, its already been more than ten days.
thank you.

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys, I want to ask regarding my status.
My Post grad work permit expired on September 15, 2019. My wife was on Spouse Open work permit under me.

She applied for Home Support Worker program on July 27, 2019 and I am her dependent.

Since we are now both out of status, should we apply for Restoration status? Can we not work while waiting for the decision?

thank you for your answer.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys, I want to ask regarding my status.
My Post grad work permit expired on September 15, 2019. My wife was on Spouse Open work permit under me.

She applied for Home Support Worker program on July 27, 2019 and I am her dependent.

Since we are now both out of status, should we apply for Restoration status? Can we not work while waiting for the decision?

thank you for your answer.
You apply for restoration when you have let your status expire without applying for any new status/permit.
You only have 90 days from status expiry to apply for restoration (Some exception was made this year due to covid, you would need to look that up but don't think 2019 would apply here).

azcuna

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
You apply for restoration when you have let your status expire without applying for any new status/permit.
You only have 90 days from status expiry to apply for restoration (Some exception was made this year due to covid, you would need to look that up but don't think 2019 would apply here).
Hi, sorry my mistake. My work permit expired September 15, 2020. And my wife and I applied for Home Support program July 27, 2020. No AOR received yet

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi, sorry my mistake. My work permit expired September 15, 2020. And my wife and I applied for Home Support program July 27, 2020. No AOR received yet
Don't really know about that program but if you qualify it would seem you applied for a work permit before the current one expired so don't believe a restoration would be necessary.

chingkong

Sep 18, 2018
Public policy extended for temporary residents applying to restore status
Ottawa, December 31, 2020—Effective January 1, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is renewing a temporary public policy that provides more time for temporary residents to apply to restore their legal status in Canada.
This public policy, which has been in place since July 2020 but was set to expire, recognizes that many temporary residents in Canada have been affected by worldwide health- and travel-related restrictions, and may need to remain in Canada for longer than they anticipated.
Under the public policy, visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020, and May 31, 2021, will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status. In addition, the public policy will continue to allow former work permit holders applying for an employer-specific work permit to work while a decision on their restoration application is pending..

does this allow work permit holders under restoration to continue working while waiting for a decision?

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Public policy extended for temporary residents applying to restore status
Ottawa, December 31, 2020—Effective January 1, 2021, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is renewing a temporary public policy that provides more time for temporary residents to apply to restore their legal status in Canada.
This public policy, which has been in place since July 2020 but was set to expire, recognizes that many temporary residents in Canada have been affected by worldwide health- and travel-related restrictions, and may need to remain in Canada for longer than they anticipated.
Under the public policy, visitors, students and workers whose valid temporary status expired, or expires, between January 30, 2020, and May 31, 2021, will have until August 31, 2021, to restore their status. In addition, the public policy will continue to allow former work permit holders applying for an employer-specific work permit to work while a decision on their restoration application is pending..

does this allow work permit holders under restoration to continue working while waiting for a decision?
You would not have implied status i.e. if your status has expired, you need to apply for restoration, wait for approval and your status to be restored, then you can work

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Any thoughts, for those who applied under temporary public policy August 25, 2020 allowing visitors to apply for work permit. Does that mean they are on implied status until decision has been made on their application too? Thanks

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Hello My student visa expired on December 31 2020. I got a visitor visa that is good until November 2021. Can I request to restore my student status?

Lynksemma

Aug 6, 2021
hello everyone

I applied for a Post Graduate work permit June 2020, I received 1 year work permit due to expiring date on my passport. I was unable to get my passport renewed because of COVID 19, embassy was shutdown.I received a new passport July 12 2021, unfortunately my work permit already expired, applied for an extension but my application was returned because I’m required to pay for restoration and pay for a new work permit.
My questions are as follows:

1. Do I need a representative to apply for restoration ?

2. How many years will I get after my restoration is approved ?
Thank you.