+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Hi guys, I just have a few questions regarding restoration. :)

1. If my employer already submitted an application for lmia and it gets approve, can I start working or do I still need to wait for the work permit?
2. If I apply for a job in other province, can I apply for another restoration of status as worker to a different employer?
3. What if the application will be denied and I still have remaining days within my 90 days period, can I still reapply for another restoration? Maybe as a worker or as a visitor?
4. And if I'm still waiting for a decision and my 90 days period is done, do I need to leave?
5. If the restoration period is done, do we need to leave immediately?

THANK YOU!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. You need to wait until you have an approved work permit. You cannot start working just based on an approved LMIA.
2. You can only have one restoration application in progress at once.
3. Restoration takes around 4 months to process - so you won't have any time remaining.
4. You can remain in Canada until a decision has been made.
5. You should leave as soon as you can once you receive a refusal (certainly within 30 days).

lescherka

Aug 10, 2015
Hello,

I also would like to ask you something..

I started to work on January 17 and had a valid visa till May 22. I worked as an intern at university. I got an offer to extend my stay there for three more months. And because I could stay in Canada only for six months with temporary resident status, I tried to get into quota for International Experience Canada to gain both - work permit and temporary resident status. I was successful. I applied for everything on time on May 21. So I continued working under the same conditions to stay under implied status. On July 15, I finally received my POE letter, that I am allowed to work and travel in Canada. BUT I was so stupid and didn't go abroad to activate it. Answer is simple - I didn't know, that it is possible only from outside Canada. I tried to contact the czech consulate and embassy to ask what should be done now and they didn't tell me anything. I want to leave Canada on September 1st, but I would like to come back without any problems in future. People around me are saying, that if I go at the border now, they are gonna to send me home immediately.

Should I apply for restoration of my status now, when I am leaving soon to continue my study back at home? Is there any way, how to fix my situation for my next entry?

Thank you for your help!