Restoration visa

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok thank you for your answer and advices, I have been living during 3 months, going to different places or just spending the day by day. My bf is German, his visa is untill August and after Canad awe will be separate untill we fix how to manage our relationship, that's why I have been here until now ..

But I am curious about what you said that I have been without a status , why do you say that?.
Ty

What
You have been in Canada illegally since you received the refusal letter.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
Nope, you misread.
I don't want to stay until August, I said my bf's visa is untill August , but I will leave during the following days. But if I leave I want to leave in good terms which means doing the restoration. But since everyone says I am not able to do it so, WHAT are tge CHOICES IF ACCORDING TO YOU, I cannot do anything??
So according the 90 days restoration I am not illegal if I am able to do it, right? ... Or is the restoration application just for some cases?

You have been in Canada illegally since you received the refusal letter.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Nope, you misread.
I don't want to stay until August, I said my bf's visa is untill August , but I will leave during the following days. But if I leave I want to leave in good terms which means doing the restoration. But since everyone says I am not able to do it so, WHAT are tge CHOICES IF ACCORDING TO YOU, I cannot do anything??
So according the 90 days restoration I am not illegal if I am able to do it, right? ... Or is the restoration application just for some cases?
Read this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/restoration-status.html

If you are granted restoration, you will be in valid status again. If not, you continue to be without status and must leave immediately.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Considering how it's now 10pm in the Pacific on your 89th day - it's too late to have a restoration submitted to IRCC in a way that they accept it.

Restoration is no longer an option. You've spent all day today dithering when we suggested you just apply, for goodness' sake.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't know how to add a picture.
This is the letter that I got

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9VKNcou9NKkcyozh9
You extension was refused for a very basic reason: you said you had funds available, but you did not submit any proof of funds. That's not random chance. You didn't provide evidence of funds available.

You are now out of status, failed to apply for a restoration in time, and have been in Canada, illegally, since the expiry of your visitor status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nope, you misread.
I haven't misread anything. You have been in Canada illegally as of the day you received the refusal. There is ZERO question about that. The 90 day period allowed for Restoration does NOT grant status. A person remains illegal unless and until a Restoration app is actually approved.

You could and should have applied for Restoration.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone, time has passed and I will let you guys know I got my answer after almost one month. If you read the first post you will understand this. So I got approved my restoration and I left the country under a Tourist status, which also means it covers the time since I lost my status until the date they gave me.
Thank you everyone for the different opinions. If there is anyone who would like to get more information just ask me , but I am not an expert I just have my own experience. Good night!

By the way I am really happy about this resolution. :-D

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello everyone, time has passed and I will let you guys know I got my answer after almost one month. If you read the first post you will understand this. So I got approved my restoration and I left the country under a Tourist status, which also means it covers the time since I lost my status until the date they gave me.
Thank you everyone for the different opinions. If there is anyone who would like to get more information just ask me , but I am not an expert I just have my own experience. Good night!

That's good to hear. You left Canada without being out of status, so you shouldn't have any problems in the future if/when you want to return.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

When did you actually apply for Restoration?