+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration visa

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Either submit the restoration right now or leave, or you are illegally in Canada. Do not just stay another month.

If you illegally overstay, you will be very unlikely to ever receive another visa to Canada. If you lie about overstaying, Canada will also know to check since you had a failed extension application.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
Either submit the restoration right now or leave, or you are illegally in Canada. Do not just stay another month.

If you illegally overstay, you will be very unlikely to ever receive another visa to Canada. If you lie about overstaying, Canada will also know to check since you had a failed extension application.

I have been talking with many lawyers, and people who do visa application, and I have been very stress about what everyone has told me. They told me I am not able to do a restoration because I didn't get any invitation to do it, and if I do one I will put an eye on me because I didn't leave after I got the refusal letter which was 89 days ago.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019

I have been talking with many lawyers, and people who do visa application, and I have been very stress about what everyone has told me. They told me I am not able to do a restoration because I didn't get any invitation to do it, and if I do one I will put an eye on me because I didn't leave after I got the refusal letter which was 89 days ago. So basically they said since I got the letter and it said leave right away I didn't have the choice to do a restoration and if I do I can get a not and a order to leave or so

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I have been talking with many lawyers, and people who do visa application, and I have been very stress about what everyone has told me. They told me I am not able to do a restoration because I didn't get any invitation to do it, and if I do one I will put an eye on me because I didn't leave after I got the refusal letter which was 89 days ago. So basically they said since I got the letter and it said leave right away I didn't have the choice to do a restoration and if I do I can get a not and a order to leave or so
Why on earth have you waited so long?

If it has been 89 days since you got the refusal letter, it has been more than 90 days since your status expired. The 90 day timeframe for restoration is from when your initial status expired, not the refusal letter.

If you have talked with "many lawyers" who told you that you could not apply for restoration without an invitation letter, your lawyers are idiots. As are your friends.

You cannot apply for a restoration outside of Canada, so you do not need to leave Canada before applying for a restoration.

That doesn't matter now - because if it has been 89 days since you received the extension refusal, it is surely more than 90 days since your initial status expired. You are now in Canada illegally and cannot extend your stay. Unless you have another status you are trying to apply for (such as spousal status) you need to leave Canada. Immediately.

You are now subject to removal and deportation orders. You need to leave, or do something else to regularize your status - you cannot restore it.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
The expiry date is for students or ppl who have lost their status not for extensions. The 90 days are from the refusal notice, it is on the website .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

OP is already here illegally. There is no status during the 90 day period in which a person can apply for Restoration.

Why on earth have you waited so long?

If it has been 89 days since you got the refusal letter, it has been more than 90 days since your status expired. The 90 day timeframe for restoration is from when your initial status expired, not the refusal letter.

If you have talked with "many lawyers" who told you that you could not apply for restoration without an invitation letter, your lawyers are idiots. As are your friends.

You cannot apply for a restoration outside of Canada, so you do not need to leave Canada before applying for a restoration.

That doesn't matter now - because if it has been 89 days since you received the extension refusal, it is surely more than 90 days since your initial status expired. You are now in Canada illegally and cannot extend your stay. Unless you have another status you are trying to apply for (such as spousal status) you need to leave Canada. Immediately.

You are now subject to removal and deportation orders. You need to leave, or do something else to regularize your status - you cannot restore it.
The app was refused, which means OP had status until the date of refusal. If the app had been rejected as incomplete, OP would have been out of status as of the initial status expiry.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
Can you see how everyone says something different. About the 90 days .if I haven't done it earlier it is bc they were telling me I can and then I cannot , j have been with this in my mind for so long. I was planning on leaving the country by the end of may that's why they told , just dont do anything and leave when u had plan ..of course I want to do the right thing to do , but if bownu say it is from the expiry date.then what now

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
OP is already here illegally. There is no status during the 90 day period in which a person can apply for Restoration.

The app was refused, which means OP had status until the date of refusal. If the app had been rejected as incomplete, OP would have been out of status as of the initial status expiry.
OP says she applied for another extension after the expiry of her visitor record, back on the first page. She doesn't appear to have been in status when she applied for the additional extension.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I was in status till the refusal letter, my application wasn't rejected it was refused
It's painfully clear that no matter what your status is, you don't intend to abide by it and just want to stay in Canada until the end of May (until you change your mind and decide to stay longer, if that happens).

Everyone who is telling you to just stay and leave then is somewhat correct - you probably won't be arrested for being in Canada illegally. But you can more or less forget any chance of ever getting another temporary visa to come back - you have demonstrated that you do not respect visa obligations and that you intend to live in Canada.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
It's painfully clear that no matter what your status is, you don't intend to abide by it and just want to stay in Canada until the end of May (until you change your mind and decide to stay longer, if that happens).

Everyone who is telling you to just stay and leave then is somewhat correct - you probably won't be arrested for being in Canada illegally. But you can more or less forget any chance of ever getting another temporary visa to come back - you have demonstrated that you do not respect visa obligations and that you intend to live in Canada.

I need to know what to do because everyone's opinion are against each other .and nobody has any security about their words. So 90 days from the expiry of the refusal notice.
So restoration just for some ppl who are able to do it due to in their letter this is mentioned, or everyone even tho the letter doesn't say anything and says you need to leave right away .I Didi t leave at that moment bc my mom was arriving to visit me, then k made an appointment with a Canadian lawyer from women working community center and she said I can do a restoration.and then when I was about to do it, another told me I am not able to do it, bc I was as a visitor record and they didn't give the chance to so it in the letter

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you're at day 89 - you apply for a restoration or you leave.

If your restoration is rejected, you leave.

In all cases, you expect that future visa applications will be rejected because you have demonstrated that you overstay.

If you apply for a restoration and it turns out you were ineligible, then they will reject it. And you leave.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I need to know what to do because everyone's opinion are against each other .and nobody has any security about their words. So 90 days from the expiry of the refusal notice.
So restoration just for some ppl who are able to do it due to in their letter this is mentioned, or everyone even tho the letter doesn't say anything and says you need to leave right away .I Didi t leave at that moment bc my mom was arriving to visit me, then k made an appointment with a Canadian lawyer from women working community center and she said I can do a restoration.and then when I was about to do it, another told me I am not able to do it, bc I was as a visitor record and they didn't give the chance to so it in the letter
Well, after 89 days of waffling without taking a decision, you are now definitely going to be living without legal status in Canada from tomorrow, even if you were arguably in status before (which you weren't but whatever).

This will mean no healthcare, no ability to get a good paying job, the constant fear of being caught, never being able to leave the country, and so on and so forth.

If you are OK with all that, then go ahead and live without status. I can understand someone doing that when the alternative is returning home to a country where you may be killed, or something equally serious. There are people who would rather live in fear of getting caught in Canada (where you know you will be treated humanely by the authorities) than go back home and be shot.

If, however, you are a highly educated person ( a dentist), and you have the ability to make a good life for yourself in your home country, and potentially immigrate to Canada in a year or three.. you should consider doing that.

What is your plan to live here? How will you fend for yourself? Are you independently wealthy?

If you're about to get married to a Canadian citizen (your boyfriend is a citizen?), then you do have options open to you. If the marriage is genuine, and you don't just get married to get status, you may be able to get sponsored and get PR. However, you will really have to prove that the marriage is real and not just a marriage of convenience.

I don't know what you've been doing for 3 months, and I'm not judging you - but you really should take this seriously and make a decision one way or the other.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Melita

Apr 24, 2019

Ok thank you for your answer and advices, I have been living during 3 months, going to different places or just spending the day by day. My bf is German, his visa is untill August and after Canad awe will be separate untill we fix how to manage our relationship, that's why I have been here until now ..

But I am curious about what you said that I have been without a status , why do you say that?.
Ty

What

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
First it was stay until the end of May. Now you want to stay until the end of August.

Remember that overstaying in Canada - and visa rejections in Canada - are considered against you in many other country visa applications.

I'm sorry your life is so complicated. But you need to either find a way to regularize your status in Canada (and I don't think you can) or go home. Or else you're digging yourself into a deep hole.