+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration period! I'm On the edge. Please Advice!

Mit1879

Dec 30, 2015
Can I apply for Visitor Visa in restoration period?

What are the chances of getting approval?

Overall Scenario!

I’m currently on a work permit and I’m planning for the extension of my work permit on the base of acknowledgement letter from PNP. But the chance of rejection is more because I don’t have nomination letter. I have job letter and acknowledgement letter.

But if my open work permit is rejected I’ll be in restoration period, will I be eligible to apply for visitor visa during that period of time ??

Please advise!

PR Candidate

Apr 28, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2015
Doc's Request.
September 2015 (Schedule A, Passport, RPRF, Police serts)
Nomination.....
AINP - International Graduate - December 2014 (No restrictions)
AOR Received.
June 2015
Med's Request
September 2015
Med's Done....
October 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 2016
LANDED..........
February 2016
Mit1879 said:
Can I apply for Visitor Visa in restoration period?

What are the chances of getting approval?

Overall Scenario!

I’m currently on a work permit and I’m planning for the extension of my work permit on the base of acknowledgement letter from PNP. But the chance of rejection is more because I don’t have nomination letter. I have job letter and acknowledgement letter.

But if my open work permit is rejected I’ll be in restoration period, will I be eligible to apply for visitor visa during that period of time ??

Please advise!
What kind of acknowledgement letter from PNP??? The receipt of your nomination application or receipt of your CIC PR application?

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in the exact same situation except with LMIA instead of PNP. Same process. If you have a file number from your PNP application, then you can apply for a new WP with the file number. They will wait for 3 mths to give you a chance to get approval so you will have implied status for that time. If after 3 mths you still don't have a nomination, then they will refuse it and you will be on restoration. This happened to me and when the restoration was up I left Canada and returned as a visitor.

Good luck

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick89 said:
I called CIC today and told them that i have an AOR for my NOMINEE APPLICATION. Can I extend my WP using that ? The answer I got was that they can extend based on Nomination confirmation only. AORs based applications will be rejected.
Of course they won't extend it without nomination. I mean that if you send in an application they won't reject it for 3 mths so you get implied status for 3 mths, so you can keep working for a while longer

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mit1879 just private message me if you want any more info about my experience :)