+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of work visa at the border

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Has anyone or does anyone know if you can go to the border during your restoration period to apply for a work visa with a new employer? I know that they will not renew a work visa with the same employer at the border but my husband has previously changed his work visa for a new employer by going "round the flag pole" and just wondered if you can do this during your restoration period, or is there a big risk that they refuse you entry because you have gone into restoration? The reason I ask is that I have just checked the processing times of visas at CIC which is 37 days and they are only on applications submitted mid May!!!

Liubov

Jul 26, 2012
Hi there, i would like to go to boarder too, same on restoration, but doubt. Have you done it?

Yumi

Feb 15, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Liubov said:
Hi there, i would like to go to boarder too, same on restoration, but doubt. Have you done it?
I did it a few days ago, same thing that when you are applying for a new visa in the border. (you have to bring the LMO, documents that verify that you can fit the position, such as resumes, bachelor degree, etc. and letter from the company indicating your salary, position, time of the contract, type of contract, etc.

Good luck!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can apply for restoration/change of status as a visitor for now to buy some time for you and your children while waiting for the LMO. Once the LMO comes you can drive to the border and get the WP (closed Wp for your husband and OWP for you). You have to make sure that Vegreville receives the package before the 90 day restoration period is over.

Or you can leave and exit Canada and come back as visitors but considering you have the whole family with you, would be a bit too much.

scaryclare said:
Not yet still waiting for the LMO!