+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Temporary Resident status/LMO file number/expired work permit

Maui

Apr 19, 2010
Hello, my work permit expired April 10, 2010 and in my work permit it says i must leave Canada on May 8 2010. I found a new employer and applied for LMO to which a file number has been provided. Now, which is meant by this am I be issued a positive LMO? should I leave Canada on May 8? in the Restoration of Status what is the best and convincing reason or explanation for the CIC to approve my application? Thanks a lot it would be a great help for me because my stay and working here in Canada is my family's lifeline

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
When does your actual status in Canada expire? What specifically does it say on your work permit?

If your actual legal status in Canada expires on April 10th, or if you don't get the LMO before it expires, then once you have the new LMO, apply for the work permit and restoration of status. Explain that you were unable to get the LMO in time.

If you get the LMO before status expires, then send in the work permit application straight away. If it's received by CPC-V before your status expires, then you have "implied status" until they make a decision on the new work permit.

Maui

Apr 19, 2010
Thank you so much I'll wait for my new LMO then. My Temporary Resident Status will expire May 8. Also, my work permit in my previous job ended April 10, 2010 and I am not working for now. In my work permit it says "That I must leave Canada on May 8, 2010".

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Maui said:
Thank you so much I'll wait for my new LMO then. My Temporary Resident Status will expire May 8. Also, my work permit in my previous job ended April 10, 2010 and I am not working for now. In my work permit it says "That I must leave Canada on May 8, 2010".
What is the expiration date of your TRV (visa stamped on your passport)? Apply for a change or extension of status for now. Send your application before the expiration of your WP or TRV in that way you are on implied status until you hear from CPC-V then file for a new WP.

Maui

Apr 19, 2010
My temporary status will expire May 8, 2010 so it says in the Note in the work permit that i must leave on May 8. Can I go home on May 8 rather than applying for the restoration of status. I miss my family in the Phil. its my first time to be away from them. thanks for the advice. God Bless

Maui

Apr 19, 2010
Wait a while, you got my attention! waht do you mean "apply for a change"...... what? thanks again

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Maui said:
My temporary status will expire May 8, 2010 so it says in the Note in the work permit that i must leave on May 8. Can I go home on May 8 rather than applying for the restoration of status. I miss my family in the Phil. its my first time to be away from them. thanks for the advice. God Bless
You are still in status, up to May 8. If you already have an employer and you're sure that the LMO is in process, you can change your status from worker to that of a visitor; you'd be on implied status until you get a response from CPC-V. Hopefully the response is positive. Then send your application for work permit as soon as you get a positive LMO. You can also go home if that is "closer" to your heart and apply from the Philippines.