+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Student Status for PGWP, how/what to apply for?

ms14

Apr 6, 2020
Hello,

I am a recent graduate (finished in December) under student visa that has now expired on 31st of march. Unfortunately I have missed the deadline to apply directly for a PostGraduate Work Permit by a couple of days, in part due to the delays in administrative help from this pandemic incorrectly suggesting me to focus on the Quebec application first.

I understand that I have to have a valid study permit to apply for PGWP, but I am having issues figuring out which application to do to only restore my student status and then apply for the work permit, not needing an extension of my study permit.

If I need to first apply for a restoration & extension of study permit first, then what proofs to I submit for uni enrolment etc as I am not planning to study?
Can I apply to a PGWP and restore my status at the same time? if so how? I wish immigration could understand the very minor delay and allow to apply for PGWP directly..

Thanks, for any insight on how to proceed would be very much appreciated!

Murich

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
You may apply for a Study Permit Restoration and a PGWP at the same time if you are within 90 days of the expiry of your study permit.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You need to apply for restoration to student, study permit and pgwp all at once. You dont need any admission letter you need to explain that you are applying just so you can get PGWP also explain why you let your status expire, blame it on he virus, they should be understanding now. If you search around the forum you will find plenty of threads.