+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status

juliana2018

Feb 23, 2018
Hi, I need to do the restoration of status and I am confuse how to do it. I don't know if just the letter from my job as a job offer would be enough for the nee application or do I need a LMO. So I applied for the WP on March, 06, because my WP was going to expire on April, 1st. In the meantime I applied for the PR. I sent all the documents on April, 29th and they cancelled my application on May, 04th. Saying that my criminal records from Brazil was incomplete. So on May, 11th the cancelled my work permit saying that:
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided. I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration. Your application is thefore refused.
(X) As a foreign national in Canada you are not eligible to apply for a document of this type untill you receive the confirmation that your application for permanent residence will be processed from within Canada.
(X) we as want to advise you that your status expired on 2018/05/11.
You may apply for a restoration if, within 90 days from the expired date.
Apparently I couldn't applied for WP and PR together. I did my Master Degree at the U of A and just worked for about 1 year. By the old law I could work at least 2 years after finish the degree .
Please help me to clarify that.