+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESTORATION OF STATUS

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Hi,

I am new to this forum and my name is klem. I was currently working in Canada with my Post graduate working Permit which expires August 24th 2012 and I got nominated for Permanent Resident by my province, so they issued me a supporting letter to apply for an extension of my working permit. On the 16th of August I applied online for the extension of my working permit, I have been on Implied status for those times while I was still working. On the 22nd of October I got a mail from the Immigration stating my application was refused because I don't have a valid passport, meanwhile my passport is still valid until 2014.

When I called their office to confirm that, I found out the document attached as my passport wasn't my passport but another file so that was the reason my application was denied. They told me to apply online again with a restoration of status and pay $350 because my temporary resident status expired October 10th 2012. I sent in another application online the next day and made sure the proper documents are attached and I stopped working the day I got that mail from them. I attached a Letter from my employer, letter from Nominee and my passport. But since I stopped working temporary but didn't quit my job will it affect the application?

My problem is that I am scared because they said in the letter there is no guarantee the application will be accepted, am all worried and don't know what to do because I don't want to leave Canada. Please advice.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
klemzo said:
When I called their office to confirm that, I found out the document attached as my passport wasn't my passport but another file so that was the reason my application was denied. They told me to apply online again with a restoration of status and pay $350 because my temporary resident status expired October 10th 2012. I sent in another application online the next day and made sure the proper documents are attached and I stopped working the day I got that mail from them. I attached a Letter from my employer, letter from Nominee and my passport. But since I stopped working temporary but didn't quit my job will it affect the application?

My problem is that I am scared because they said in the letter there is no guarantee the application will be accepted, am all worried and don't know what to do because I don't want to leave Canada. Please advice.
That's generic language - they don't want you to say "but I paid the fee, I thought you'd restore my status" - they are just saying "look, we'll examine your application, but there is no guarantee that you will be renewed."

However, in your specific case it seems likely they will restore your status. You've done everything that is legally required - as soon as you heard, you stopped working, which is exactly what's required. Nothing says you cannot work for that employer once your status has been restored. The previous application would have been granted had you included the requisite copy of your passport.

I'd be surprised if they refused you again.