+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

restoration of status refused...Need help!!!

aj_mishra

Oct 30, 2017
Hello,
I am currently in Saskatoon My restoration of status was refused on 29th oct. My work permit expired on 15th of July and I applied for the restoration of my work status and work permit on 31st August I paid 155 for work permit and 200 for restoraton of the status. I have a SINP nomination and I have my employer's compliance fee paid off by my employer. I applied for the restoration well within the 90 days time frame and yet my restoration of status got rejected on the following basis.

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
[X] Immigration legislation requires that foreign nationals wishing to remain longer in Canada submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of the authorized period. Your temporary resident status in Canada expired on July 15, 2017, and your application was made on August 31, 2017.
[X] You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

I don't understand what happened, I have created a life here and I have a car and a fiance and my employer has been waiting on Getting me back on the schedule ASAP. On top of this, I have my paperwork for Permanent residency sitting ready.

Please is there any way I can apply for a complaint or talk to a lawyer as I do not want to go back to India

Please I need help

Last edited:

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello,
I am currently in Saskatoon My restoration of status was refused on 29th oct. My work permit expired on 15th of July and I applied for the restoration of my work status and work permit on 31st August I paid 155 for work permit and 200 for restoraton of the status. I have a SINP nomination and I have my employer's compliance fee paid off by my employer. I applied for the restoration well within the 90 days time frame and yet my restoration of status got rejected on the following basis.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
[X] Immigration legislation requires that foreign nationals wishing to remain longer in Canada submit an application for extension of their temporary resident status on or before the expiry of the authorized period. Your temporary resident status in Canada expired on July 15, 2017, and your application was made on August 31, 2017.
[X] You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligible for restoration under Section 182 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

I don't understand what happened, I have created a life here and I have a car and a fiance and my employer has been waiting on Getting me back on the schedule ASAP. On top of this, I have my paperwork for Permanent residency sitting ready.

Please is there any way I can apply for a complaint or talk to a lawyer as I do not want to go back to India

Please I need help
During the time between July 15th and August 31st, did you work? Also why didn't you apply for extension of your work permit before July 15th? You could have been on implied status and continued working.

aj_mishra

Oct 30, 2017
During the time between July 15th and August 31st, did you work? Also why didn't you apply for the extension of your work permit before July 15th? You could have been on the implied status and continued working.
no i have been off schedule since 15th july 14th July was my last day of work, i was waiting on my SINP approval on the basis of which i was supposed to be under a locked workpermit with my current employer and then when the SINP approval came through my employer applied for my work permit, i was uneducated on the fact the restoration of a status would be required and when i went to the border for my new workpermit I explained my situation to the officer before crossing over and he said that i could only apply for a restoration om my status for now and along with that i can apply for my workpermit this happened on the 20th of august so I did that and i have been waiting for my restoration since, and now my savings have depleted and i have no resources to go in with, I am in complete panic right now

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
no i have been off schedule since 15th july 14th July was my last day of work, i was waiting on my SINP approval on the basis of which i was supposed to be under a locked workpermit with my current employer and then when the SINP approval came through my employer applied for my work permit, i was uneducated on the fact the restoration of a status would be required and when i went to the border for my new workpermit I explained my situation to the officer before crossing over and he said that i could only apply for a restoration om my status for now and along with that i can apply for my workpermit this happened on the 20th of august so I did that and i have been waiting for my restoration since, and now my savings have depleted and i have no resources to go in with, I am in complete panic right now
Well your first mistake was applying restoration at the border. You cannot leave the country under restoration and you cannot apply for restoration at the border. Did the letter say anything about leaving the country? As of now you cannot apply for restoration within Canada.

aj_mishra

Oct 30, 2017
Well your first mistake was applying restoration at the border. You cannot leave the country under restoration and you cannot apply for restoration at the border. Did the letter say anything about leaving the country? As of now you cannot apply for restoration within Canada.
no i did not lave the country, i was about to and it just clicked me that i should ask the border officer if they are issuing work permit and how much time would it take as i had gone with a couple of friends, but he asked me my status and gave me the information for applying the restoration, i applied the restoration online not at the border but i did it within the 90 day period and they gave me a reason that i applied it after my time had passed

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
no i did not lave the country, i was about to and it just clicked me that i should ask the border officer if they are issuing work permit and how much time would it take as i had gone with a couple of friends, but he asked me my status and gave me the information for applying the restoration, i applied the restoration online not at the border but i did it within the 90 day period and they gave me a reason that i applied it after my time had passed
So you did not leave through the US border and came back to the Canadian border right?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
i feel this is a mistake on the officers side, is there a way i could get my case reopened and talk to them to fix this??
Well if you want you can call CIC and ask but otherwise you'll be waiting for a while to get a response for it and you'd be still out of status in Canada. Its better to apply outside of Canada because it would be faster depending which country you're from.

Others can comment on this as well.

aj_mishra

Oct 30, 2017
Well if you want you can call CIC and ask but otherwise you'll be waiting for a while to get a response for it and you'd be still out of status in Canada. Its better to apply outside of Canada because it would be faster depending which country you're from.

Others can comment on this as well.
i just spoke to the officer at ircc and they accepted that it was a mistake at their end and they have reapplied for the restoration with a different officer, but i still have to wait for another 10 days before i can have a reply

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
i just spoke to the officer at ircc and they accepted that it was a mistake at their end and they have reapplied for the restoration with a different officer,
i just spoke to the officer at ircc and they accepted that it was a mistake at their end and they have reapplied for the restoration with a different officer, but i still have to wait for another 10 days before i can have a reply
but i still have to wait for another 10 days before i can have a reply
What does this tell us people? We have to know the immigration law because the first ground for refusal is incorrect.

I did a restoration and i like to write letters and stating the law to them cos i dont trust all officers decisions

jmathew

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-11-2016
Nomination.....
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
14-09-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
1st Oct 2017
Med's Done....
5th Oct 2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
LANDED..........
Inland Application
Hi aj_Mishra,

Any update on this? My friend is also having same issue.

aj_mishra

Oct 30, 2017
well it was a mistake i made in my form and i need to fill out the whole thing from outside the country as my restoration of status has expired

wicky1995

Apr 28, 2014
Hello,

Please I need help