+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status processing time - please help

Gdobssor

Feb 28, 2018
Gdobssor: thank you very much for your answer. I applied for bopw, instead of using my PNP nomination for close work permit. Luckily, managed to reapply before nomination expired. My employer is awesome and supported me all way long. Even now when I lost my status they are willing to rehire me once restoration status received. At this point they were not sure if they could give temporary leave and I couldn’t fine any doc saying that it’s ok to give leave for one on restoration status. I hope that termination will not effect PR process and wait for work permit,
Thank you again for your help!
I'm really, really confused. Are you applying for a closed work permit or PR? If you're applying for a closed work permit, why do you need a bridging open work permit?
If you are applying for PR through Provincial nomination, has your employer given you a positive LMIA? Have you already received the nomination certificate? Have you already applied for permanent residency and sent everything off? Was your work visa still valid with less than four months remaining when you applied for the BOWP? If you answered yes to everything, then I can't understand why they would turn you down for a bridging open work permit.
They should be able to give you temporary leave. What Immigration Canada is concerned about is that you are taking a job away from a Canadian. By going on leave until you get a new work visa, you are not getting a wage, you are not on the payroll, you are not on the schedule. They will have to hire a Canadian to come into do your job. They will not get into trouble. If they're really that worried and they'd like to talk to an immigration lawyer, I can recommend a good one if they're in Saskatchewan. As for termination and PR process: Get your employer to write a letter saying that you have an offer of a permanent full time job pending renewal of a work visa or granting of PR if they are willing to do that.

Gskeshav

Jul 7, 2018
Gosh, you nearly gave me a heart attack! My IEC visa expired in November and I thought for a minute that I was going to be out of time to apply for restoration and that my only option would be to leave right away! My car and everything I own is here!
Thankfully, I went back and read the refusal letter which I received in mid January this year - as I said in the original post, I was under implied status up until I got the letter, and it said as follows:
"Your temporary resident status expired on [date redacted but was mid January this year]. You now have 90 days from the time of the expiry of your temporary resident status in Canada to apply for a restoration of your temporary resident status. You need to submit... blah blah blah.
Phew!
So I have until mid April. My main concern now is that since I still only have about five weeks, if I send the application in in the next few days but they take more than say a month to process it, would it be refused on the grounds that it wasn't processed within the 90 days? Or, would it be fine as long as it was received within the 90 days?
Hi there, I am in a similar position and currently trying to restore my status but the fee is $100 and not $200 so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Reading your comments sound a bit similar to my position, hope you got yours sorted. I'm just worried now about making the slightest mistake

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Hi all anybody got work permit on restoration i mean any successfull restoration of work permit

Thank you all

wertydaja

May 16, 2017
Hey. I was on an IEC open work permit which expired November. Before it expired, I applied for another work permit and was under implied status. I heard back in mid January that this was refused. I have had a lot of upsetting things happen in the last month so have not yet applied for restoration. I am now looking into it. I have a question. The 90 days grace period - if I apply now, what's the processing time for a restoration of visitor status? Does the restoration have to be processed within the 90 days or just the application received? Thanks.
Hi Gdobssor,

Hope its going well on your end, I'm in a very similar situation as well.

Did they restore your visitor status without you applying for the additional work permit?

Budd

Apr 30, 2019
Hey. I was on an IEC open work permit which expired November. Before it expired, I applied for another work permit and was under implied status. I heard back in mid January that this was refused. I have had a lot of upsetting things happen in the last month so have not yet applied for restoration. I am now looking into it. I have a question. The 90 days grace period - if I apply now, what's the processing time for a restoration of visitor status? Does the restoration have to be processed within the 90 days or just the application received? Thanks.

Hi,
I got stuck up with similar situation. Could you state whether they turned positive with your application.
This will help me move further.

Thanks

Vinegrace

Nov 13, 2019
Hi There Can you pls help me i have Question My PR application is Already in process we did medical & any requirments they asked but my Status is expired last 2 weeks bcoz. I applied Open work permit and then they refused then The AINP told me i need to apply the restoration in 90 days that's why i asked them give me a supporting Later from Them and can apply the restoration but the problem is untill now they didnt respond my request that's why im thinking to get the new LMIA to another employer bcoz my employer he told to AIMP officer That was the last time they interview by phone while processing my open work permit mybe that's why im Refused i really dont know! what i am supposed to be? do i need to wait they respond and how Long it takes coz i have someone to know to get a new LMIA and what will be happen of my PR application?My wife and my kid is here also is really Stress that's why i'll keep on praying this is all done.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi There Can you pls help me i have Question My PR application is Already in process we did medical & any requirments they asked but my Status is expired last 2 weeks bcoz. I applied Open work permit and then they refused then The AINP told me i need to apply the restoration in 90 days that's why i asked them give me a supporting Later from Them and can apply the restoration but the problem is untill now they didnt respond my request that's why im thinking to get the new LMIA to another employer bcoz my employer he told to AIMP officer That was the last time they interview by phone while processing my open work permit mybe that's why im Refused i really dont know! what i am supposed to be? do i need to wait they respond and how Long it takes coz i have someone to know to get a new LMIA and what will be happen of my PR application?My wife and my kid is here also is really Stress that's why i'll keep on praying this is all done.
Apply for Restoration as a visitor.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your respond my Question.If i Apply as a Visitor how long is that on process? AINP was Email me early they said ill just wait a couple of days for the result.Im still Think positive.
There is no set processing time for Restoration. It could be weeks or it could be months.

pky2019

Dec 13, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-11-2019
Doc's Request.
29-11-2019
AOR Received.
05-11-2019
Hello guys,

I have applied to renew my (restricted) and my wife work (open) permits in Canada.
My application was approved (Jan 10) but my wife's got rejected (Jan 13).
The reason was that her passport expires in July 18, 2021 while my contract and consequently the work permit was supposed to be valid till Dec 31, 2021. I don't understand why IRCC would not give her WP till the passport expiration date or at least a year.

The refusal letter says that she could still apply for her restoration status within 90 days (counting since Jan 1) or leave Canada. At the same time, I have permanent resident application (myself as a main applicant) pending (AOR date, Nov 5th; medicals passed).

I am wondering if anyone can give me an advice of what we supposed to do.
So far, I see a few options

1. My wife goes to home country, gets a new passport, applies for a new visa/work permit from there. This option is very expensive and includes a lot of hassle.

2. Apply for her restoration status using the fact that we have PR application in place. In this case it is not tied up to my 2 year WP.

BTW, do I have to update my PR saying that she is on "restoration status"?

Suveka16

Dec 20, 2019
Hi,
I came to Canada as a postgraduate student and completed one year in Canada. After, I got my one year experience in Canada via PGWP.

My Wes documents got so much of time so that I couldn’t complete my express entry profile.
My work permit got expired and I applied for the work permit extension before expired. They refused my work permit extension and they gave 90days restoration period. Within that time, I got my Wes and now I have created my express entry profile with 461points. points are not going down. I have to restore my visa before 22nd February.

I am planning to restore as a visit visa in Canada and I am going to wait one or two more months for my turn. Can I extend my visa as a visitor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I came to Canada as a postgraduate student and completed one year in Canada. After, I got my one year experience in Canada via PGWP.

My Wes documents got so much of time so that I couldn’t complete my express entry profile.
My work permit got expired and I applied for the work permit extension before expired. They refused my work permit extension and they gave 90days restoration period. Within that time, I got my Wes and now I have created my express entry profile with 461points. points are not going down. I have to restore my visa before 22nd February.

I am planning to restore as a visit visa in Canada and I am going to wait one or two more months for my turn. Can I extend my visa as a visitor?
You can apply for Restoration as a visitor. It could take many months.