+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status - How long does it take?

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
Approved for PR: Sept 11, 2013
So my partner from Belgium received a letter on Feb 8th from Citizen and Immigration saying his work permit was denied on Feb 1st because they hasn't received the LMO within 2 months.

Feb 9th employer received notification that the LMO was ACCEPTED and passed on to the Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). The CAQ said it should take a week (that's what they said!) Now I imagine we wait for the CAQ to apply for restoration of status.?

My question is HOW LONG DID YOUR RESTORATION OF STATUS TAKE? CIC says on their website on average 24 days for work permit (which is what we're restoring, so I imagine it would go into work permit file directly)

Cheers :)

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
Kat911s said:
My question is HOW LONG DID YOUR RESTORATION OF STATUS TAKE? CIC says on their website on average 24 days for work permit (which is what we're restoring, so I imagine it would go into work permit file directly)

Cheers :)
Here's an update:
March 5 - Applied for Restoration of Status & Extension of Work Permit
March 9 - Application accepted
May 15 - Still no word. Just called CIC and they said they've increased the time from 9 weeks to 16 weeks to process.

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
PLEASE respond if you had/didn't have a successful restoration of status. I haven't found a successful one yet on the web.

We're thinking of flag poling the borderw with all our documents - CIC on the phone said it was a possibility and that it can be risky (if you don't have all your documents) but it can be done. whoah! Will keep you updated if you're in the same boat as us.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was a successful restoration of status. Below is my timeline:

March 23 - applied online for Restoration of Status + New Work Permit
April 27 - contacted CIC and they said my papers are in queue and will be processed on May 25. They advised me to call them again if I don't hear from CIC my mid-June.
May 2 - Received the new work permit via mail.

And in my work permit, it was dated April 25. So the processing took almost 1 month for me.
So I guess the CIC call centre is not in sync with their backend processing because when I called for an update, my docs were already processed but the lady I spoke to said that I should wait until May 25.

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
Hope4MapleLeaf said:
Mine was a successful restoration of status. Below is my timeline:

March 23 - applied online for Restoration of Status + New Work Permit
April 27 - contacted CIC and they said my papers are in queue and will be processed on May 25. They advised me to call them again if I don't hear from CIC my mid-June.
May 2 - Received the new work permit via mail.

And in my work permit, it was dated April 25. So the processing took almost 1 month for me.
So I guess the CIC call centre is not in sync with their backend processing because when I called for an update, my docs were already processed but the lady I spoke to said that I should wait until May 25.
That's interesting. We were told we had to apply for RoS by paper (Vegreville) I wonder if they're treated in the same place...was your response from Vegreville, Alberta?

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Initially my lawyer was preparing to do it via mail to Vegreville, Alberta...but due to lack of time (my restoration period will end in 2 days and if they submit it via paper, it will reach CIC-Vegreville after my 90 days period), we opted to do it online instead.

If you will also see from CIC's website of processing times... paper application takes longer to process compared to online
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

This is the number I called to contact CIC-Call Centre and ask for my status: 1-888-242‑2100

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
[Urgent] Restoration of Status - How long does it take?

My partner's WP expired Feb 1 2012. He applied for Restoration of Status and WP extension March 8, 2012 (with positive LMO). His file was opened on March 28th I believe. Now his employer is getting impatient and things aren't looking so good. The CIC call centre said he could try to flag pole, but I'm hoping his restoration of status has already been processed and in the mail so we don't have to take the trip....Any other hopeful stories out there?? ;)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You know what would be amazing? If there was a database where LMO decisions could be captured and then immigration could check them. I can dream right?
@ kat911, I don't have a story to share but I hope your hubby's employer is patient just a little bit longer.

Kat911s

Feb 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 19, 2013 (Paris)
Med's Done....
March 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt - from Belgium
VISA ISSUED...
SUCCESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

March 8th - Sent in papers for Restoration of Status/Extension of Work Permit
March 28th - File opened at Vegreville
May 23rd - Work Permit processed and temporary Worker Status is restored!!!!! :) He can start getting paid again - all is well!!!!

:)

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
Kat911s said:

May 23rd - Work Permit processed and temporary Worker Status is restored!!!!! :) He can start getting paid again - all is well!!!!

:)
Congrats!!!
I'm still waitting since April 23, file opened on May 4.

Liubov

Jul 26, 2012
Hi everybody.
I submitted my application for restoration of status one month ago and don`t even know if they accepted it or not.

How do you know that your file was open? did you talk to representative?

Also have a question, just in case, if restoration will be rejected, can i apply for restoration of status one more time if i am still in my 90 days period and will have another LMO to submitted with my application?

MAny thanks.

jagshai9

Oct 16, 2014
Kat911s said:

Did u worked during processing of the application? Reply asap pls. Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jagshai9 said:
Did u worked during processing of the application? Reply asap pls. Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

Continue to work or study

Contrary to applicants to whom we recognize an implied status, persons awaiting restoration have lost their status and may not continue to work or attend school.