+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status and physical presence calculator for citizenship

AdamFromNB

Jan 24, 2020
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the physical presence days to be eligible for citizenship. Here is a quick recap of my stay in Canada for some clarification:
April 2012: Came to Canada as an international student remained in Canada and held Student permit status
June 2017 (Finished higher education): Lost student permit status. Simply forgot about the expiry date (Big mistake. Never again)
June 2017: Applied for Temporary status restoration
September 2017: Application approved for restoration and was also granted work permit status
February 2020: Became Permanent Resident (Greatest day of my life)
Fast forward to the present. I am eligible to send it my Citizinship application on April 2022, according to the physical presence calculator.

My question is; does the time waiting for my restoration status to be approved (June 2017-Sept 2017) count as physical presence in Canada?

Thank you all for all the great content and information in this forum.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the physical presence days to be eligible for citizenship. Here is a quick recap of my stay in Canada for some clarification:
April 2012: Came to Canada as an international student remained in Canada and held Student permit status
June 2017 (Finished higher education): Lost student permit status. Simply forgot about the expiry date (Big mistake. Never again)
June 2017: Applied for Temporary status restoration
September 2017: Application approved for restoration and was also granted work permit status
February 2020: Became Permanent Resident (Greatest day of my life)
Fast forward to the present. I am eligible to send it my Citizinship application on April 2022, according to the physical presence calculator.

My question is; does the time waiting for my restoration status to be approved (June 2017-Sept 2017) count as physical presence in Canada?

Thank you all for all the great content and information in this forum.
Hi!
I know it's old but did you get the answer for your question?
A friend has the same question.