+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status and extension of visit visa

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hello,
My friend's visitor's visa expired on September 7th( He is Swedish ).
Is he going to apply for restoration of status together with visa extension on the same application ,if so how can we do that?
when we try to apply online it shows only the fees of restoration 200 dollars , so how can we pay for the visa extension fees ?
Thanks for your help.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hello,
My friend's visitor's visa expired on September 7th( He is Swedish ).
Is he going to apply for restoration of status together with visa extension on the same application ,if so how can we do that?
when we try to apply online it shows only the fees of restoration 200 dollars , so how can we pay for the visa extension fees ?
Thanks for your help.
As far as I understand, if you complete the application online then it will be a single application for the restoration and extension of the visitor status. The document to submit online will be:

1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM5708) (Opens a new window)
2. Proof of Means of Financial Support
3. Passport or travel document
4. Digital Photo
5. Fees: $200

You can attempt to apply online via
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

You will be taken through a questionnaire first before starting the real application.

That is my understanding.

I hope that helps.

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
thank you PTJ,
I am sorry I am still confused .so the 200 fess will be for both the restoration and the extension?
thanks

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
thank you PTJ,
I am sorry I am still confused .so the 200 fess will be for both the restoration and the extension?
thanks
Yes...as far as I understand because it will be a single application. Try and open the form (IMM5708) and you should see the option of where to specify how long more you want to remain in Canada.