+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status 5708e questions

Zenmind5

Jan 8, 2021
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for restoration of status as a visitor after expiration of PGWP. Have stayed back so far for my IELTS exam and wait for employer's guidance on what they can offer me next (work remotely from India on Canadian payroll or transfer to India office).

1. Can I apply for PR within Canada while waiting for the outcome of restoration of status as visitor application? Or I will have to return to India if I want to apply for PR asap?

2. What should I answer to 'Why you want to extend your stay'? ) (My actual reason is to take IELTS on 15th Jan and file for PR under CEC from within Canada if answer to #1 is yes. I am also living with my GF).

3. How long are you "planning" to stay in Canada?

4. What should be my explanation for 'Have you ever remained beyond the validity of your status, attended school without authorization or worked without authorization in Canada?'

5.. Can I get PCC from within Canada while waiting for the outcome of restoration of status as visitor application?

Appreciate your help and responses.

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi Everyone,
one of my friend applied for Restoration with PGWP, its been 6 months did not get any response. the worst thing is that he lost access to his account and not able to recover the pasword as he lost the passcode also. now he is not able to recover the password and not able to link his account.

he raised couple of web forms and everytime he gets that all the requirement documents were submitted and nothing to do anything from his side. now applied for GCMS notes and waiting for the response.
just wondering is there anyone else in the same situation. and what to do ?

Thanks in advance