+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESTORATION AND STUDY PERMIT

maria123456

Jun 10, 2017
Hello

My situation is that I am 19 years old , I came to Canada as a visitor with my family. Once in Canada my dad got a work permit. My brother who is 15 started studing highschool in canada without the need of a study permit. I want to study also secondary because I havent finished in my own country. I think , as the dependent child of my father I am allowed to study secondary school. However , I was told I could do only in Adult Education, due to my age. At the school they told me that I needed a study permit. So I applied for a study permit, but it was refused saying that the application should have been made outside or canada instead of inside of canada. In the meantime while waiting for the result of my study permit, my visitor visa got expired . Right now I am applying for restoration on my visitor status. My question is can I make, in my situation, an application for study permit? can both applications be made at the same time, restoration and study permit? should I wait until i have the result of the restoration to make the study permit? what kind of study permit do they want? outside of canada? but i am inside of canada....i am confused.....Thanks !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to wait until your status is restored. When you apply for the study permit, it will need to be sent to a visa office outside of Canada (either your home country or the US).