+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restamping of Canadian Visa for lost Indian passport in Canada

Dheerajchawla

Apr 26, 2018
Restamping of Canadian Visa for lost Indian passport in India
Hi,
This is Dheeraj Chawla. I had received Canada's W-1 Work Visa as per ref number E730538321 from Chandigarh dated 12/01/2018 on my passport no. P1394528... Unfortunately the said passport has got lost and i am now looking for a re-stamping of the concerned visa done on my new passport no. R9677301

I'd request you to share the process, supported documentation, duration and fee for getting the visa re-stamped on my new passport.

Thank you

Sunny9893

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Hi aminbh,

Sorry to hear about this.Im not sure about the study permit. But I got the TRV(temp resident visa) by contacting CPP team in Ottawa.
They replied to me asking to send the details. Please send an email to CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca. Make sure you have the police report number before you contact them.Im pasting the email response that I got from them below

Dear Applicant,

We are sorry to hear about the loss of your passport. In order to re-issue a visa in your new passport, please send us the Police Incident Report confirming the loss of your passport; your new passport; the payment receipt for the replacement fee of $30; a pre-paid Xpresspost return envelope; and a copy of this e-mail.

Mail to:
CPP – Ottawa - (Re-issue)
219 Laurier
PO BOX 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1A 1L1

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Thank you
Vijay
Hi, can you please tell me in how many days you got your new TRV Stamp when you contact to CPP ? Please let me know because i want to re-stamp as there is an error on my TRV stamp and i have to travel outside of canada.

Last edited:

naveen403

Feb 14, 2019
Please remove all personal details
hi i recently got my new indian passport which i lost but i dont know how to apply for stamping can you please help with dis because i have to got india and its reallyy urgent for me.
please help me
im here with student visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hi i recently got my new indian passport which i lost but i dont know how to apply for stamping can you please help with dis because i have to got india and its reallyy urgent for me.
please help me
im here with student visa
Do email your local visa office

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
What is the usual timeline for getting a new passport? UPS courier service lost my passport while it was sent to me from an Embassy after visa process.

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
Hello,

Please help its urgent!!!

I had lost my passport after canadian study permit stamping. The visa was unused. I got a new passport with older passport mentioned as lost. But now I found my old passport and I dont know if the unused study visa is still valid in it. I am going to regional passport office to get the old passport stamped as cancelled. Can someone please help to know how to get the study visa restamped? Its really urgent !!!! I am losing my time. Please help me what to do in this situation

Feb 5, 2020
Hi
I lost my indian passport with canada visa in it, i have the work permit with me. I got the new passport, as per the suggestion given by high commission of canada, New Delhi, i applied for a new TRV with all the documents and FIR, CIC ottawa has cancelled my application stating that i have to contact High commission of canada in New Delhi. Its unclear of what to do at this point i emailed the high commission but no reply and i have a job offer in canada which i may lose if i dnt return soon. Can anyone please let me know if u have any idea on how to apply for re stamping visa.

Mar 3, 2020
Hii,My name is ravinder dhanda.i am an international student in canada from India.Recently,a few days ago i was lost my indian passport.I have my new passport with me.Please kindly,I need a suggestion or advice for how to get mine canadian visa back on my new issued passport.

vsomu99

Apr 28, 2020
Hello All,

I recently moved to Canada on Work Permit. Due to current COVID-19 situation, I've been suggested to apply for SIN through mail. While applying for SIN, I did send my indian passport, work permit and completed SIN application form to Service Canada office. Last friday, I received my SIN confirmation letter in the envelope, but my passport wasn't there inside the envelope. When I got the envelope from my mailbox, seal was opened as if it was sent as open envelope. I did reach out to Service Canada on the same, they confirmed that they did include the passport along with my work permit and SIN confirmation letter. I'm checking with Canada Post to check if passport fell in trucks or during the transit. I'm really worried what to do in these situations. Can someone please help me on this? What are the next steps I need to do to get my new passport and get the passport re-stamped?

vsomu99

Apr 28, 2020
Hii,My name is ravinder dhanda.i am an international student in canada from India.Recently,a few days ago i was lost my indian passport.I have my new passport with me.Please kindly,I need a suggestion or advice for how to get mine canadian visa back on my new issued passport.
Ravinder, I'm too in the same situation here. Lost my passport, what's the process to get the new passport? What are the needed documents? and How long does it take to get my new passport?