+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response to passport request deadline

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Hi there,

Does anybody know if there is a deadline for submission of passport for immigrant visa issuance?

kind regards,
mehmeh

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
mehmeh said:
Hi there,

Does anybody know if there is a deadline for submission of passport for immigrant visa issuance?

kind regards,
mehmeh
this is a letter received by one of the posters, so you have 60 days i guess to submit the passport

Submit your passport, photos and information within 60 days of the date of this letter. Please see the last page of this letter for information about submitting your passports, photos and information.

Unless your passport expires on an earlier date, your visas will expire one year from the date of your medical examinations. You must enter Canada on or before this date. If your passport, or any of your family members' passports, are due to expire before this date, all visas will expire on the date that the first passport expires.

The validity of a Permanent Resident visa cannot be extended, nor can a replacement visa be issued with a new validity date.

If you do not provide us with your passport(s) before the expiry of your visa or you do not use your visa(s) before their expiry date, and you still wish to immigrate to Canada, you will have to submit a new application and processing fee. A new application would be assessed according to the Immigration Act and Regulations in force at that time."

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
Thank you for responding Camelboy :)

Just have a follow-up question if you don't mind, how long does CPC usually send back the stamped passport to us? The reason I ask is because we are expecting the "passport request" any time end of January to February, and we have an upcoming flight scheduled mid of Feb. We were kind of worry the timing might be conflict with the passport request :(

Best regards,

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Depends on the country. I have an assumption, but where is your processing VO? Ours (from CEM - Manila) took 5 weeks.

mehmeh

Star Member
Jan 23, 2007
hi there,

I am not sure re the processing VO if it will be in Canada or Manila 'coz my mom submitted her police clearance and medical certificate (w/c was done in Toronto) to CPC-Ottawa during her visit to the Country......