07-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
26-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Posted in the Dec 2010 thread as well.

My girl friend has previously worked at an MP's office, and she recently suggested that I go to my local MP's office and see if they could provide me with an update. She said not to call, or email, but to go in person.

I took the day off work on Monday, to visit my local MP's office. I expected when I went there, there would be a line up of people, and I'd be sitting around all day. Not the case. I got there and was seen immediately. I explained my case and they asked me to fill out a standard form, to contact CIC on my behalf and inquiry about my file.

They explained that a large majority of their district is made of up recent immigrants, and 80% of their work in the MP's office is dealing with CIC. I was shocked, but also glad because I figured they have experience.

They told me to give them three days and they would call me with an update.

The MP's office called me today and told me that there are still outstanding things to be reviewed, security clearance and the notarized letters about my husband's son (regarding inability to obtain his medical, although he is not accompanying). Our file is set to be reviewed July 12!!!

The CAIPS notes that I had requested over two months ago and a Bring Forward date of September, so knowing that someone will review our file on in four days, July 12 is fantastic news.

I would encourage anyone to contact their local MP office. I don't believe they can move your application any sooner, but we would of NEVER got this information from calling the Call Centre, Ecas, or emailing Buffalo. It was very simple process, and we finally got some news.

July 12, I hope, pray, beg that the VO has some mercy on our case and I can give you all a good news update.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Yes I agree wholeheartedly. It is nice to get a response and immediate answers about something regarding your case. I have never been able to get any real help from phoning, e-mailing or waiting from CIC or any info regarding my appeal. And it seems to be no trouble for them, it just makes me wonder who they have working at the government agencies. I mean, I been at it two years, I can't help but feel a little bitter that if it wasn't for my local MP I'd probably be crazy by now.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Cindy1 said:
Posted in the Dec 2010 thread as well.

My girl friend has previously worked at an MP's office, and she recently suggested that I go to my local MP's office and see if they could provide me with an update. She said not to call, or email, but to go in person.

I took the day off work on Monday, to visit my local MP's office. I expected when I went there, there would be a line up of people, and I'd be sitting around all day. Not the case. I got there and was seen immediately. I explained my case and they asked me to fill out a standard form, to contact CIC on my behalf and inquiry about my file.

They explained that a large majority of their district is made of up recent immigrants, and 80% of their work in the MP's office is dealing with CIC. I was shocked, but also glad because I figured they have experience.

They told me to give them three days and they would call me with an update.

The MP's office called me today and told me that there are still outstanding things to be reviewed, security clearance and the notarized letters about my husband's son (regarding inability to obtain his medical, although he is not accompanying). Our file is set to be reviewed July 12!!!

The CAIPS notes that I had requested over two months ago and a Bring Forward date of September, so knowing that someone will review our file on in four days, July 12 is fantastic news.

I would encourage anyone to contact their local MP office. I don't believe they can move your application any sooner, but we would of NEVER got this information from calling the Call Centre, Ecas, or emailing Buffalo. It was very simple process, and we finally got some news.

July 12, I hope, pray, beg that the VO has some mercy on our case and I can give you all a good news update.
Yaay, that is good news and thank you for sharing. Good luck on your application.

I have a question though, based on other threads, they said MPs won't entertain you if you are still within timeline. You are very lucky, you just filed your application last April. So from which province are you, if you do not mind?

Romain

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Kitchener Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
What can we do when we are living in the US during the application ?
It is difficult for us complete our relocation back to canada before my wife's application process completes.

Is there a MP for Canadian living abroad ?
Can we go through the local consulate ?

Can i just go to Vancouver an just visit our future MP even if we do not have an address in Canada yet ?

regine

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Romain said:
Is there a MP for Canadian living abroad ?
MP stands for Member of Parliament, the person you elect in your federal electoral district. There are no federal electoral districts (ridings) outside of the country, so no, there is no MP for people living abroad.

Romain said:
Can i just go to Vancouver an just visit our future MP even if we do not have an address in Canada yet ?
I'm assuming they'd make you show some sort of documentation proving that you do in fact live in their riding.