+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

response from CIC that might interest live in caregivers in canada

jubilee

Mar 31, 2010
i sent a message to minister kenney regarding the live in caregiver proposal that was announced last dec and this is the response that i got..

re: Live-in Caregiver proposal
Wednesday, March 31, 2010 11:43:53
CIC - Ministerial Enquiries Division/CIC - Service de renseignements m <Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca>
Add
To: (deleted for privacy)

Dear (deleted for privacy):

I am writing in response to your correspondence of February 18, 2010, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada, regarding your concerns about changes to the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP).

As you are aware, over the past several months, changes to the LCP have been considered. On December 12, 2009, a number of changes to the LCP were announced, some requiring changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and others that can be made without changing the regulations.

On December 19, 2009, the proposed regulatory changes to the LCP were posted on the Canada Gazette site at: (LINK: cant be posted on this site). The proposed changes are still in development, pending analysis of comments received and development of operational details.

There is no date yet for final publication and coming into force. It is anticipated that finalization of the regulatory amendment process would occur in the spring 2010 followed by publication of the final regulatory amendments in the Canada Gazette. Implementation dates and processes will be posted in these documents and on CIC’s website. Implementation dates for the non-regulatory changes will also be posted on the CIC website when available. Information on the changes can be found in the December 12, 2009 news release at: (LINK: cant be posted on this site)

Thank you for writing and bringing your interest in this matter to the Minister’s attention.

L. Legari

Ministerial Enquiries Division

THIS ELECTRONIC ADDRESS IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR RESPONSE