+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response from Agents after 6 months period

newcec

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

My application will pass Six months timeline in a week. I will call the callcenter in a week. I would appreciate if people can please share their experience with Agents and what kind of questions to ask them. Don't want their standard response. I heard some give feedbacks and some just ask to wait.

Comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
I asked a friend of mine who is inland.

He said when he called, he selected the prompt for applications exceeding the 6 month window. He said he told the agent the month he applied and since then, the only update he had seen. The agent asked for his UCI number or some other identifying information, checked it out and then confirmed yes the application has exceeded 6 months. The agent advised she will send a message to the processing centre for review and ask that they either contact him or update his profile.

Just call and explain your situation and they would ask you for the information they need from you... It's pretty straight forward.

CanEEUser

Oct 23, 2015
Eucalyptus said:

He said when he called, he selected the prompt for applications exceeding the 6 month window. He said he told the agent the month he applied and since then, the only update he had seen. The agent asked for his UCI number or some other identifying information, checked it out and then confirmed yes the application has exceeded 6 months. The agent advised she will send a message to the processing centre for review and ask that they either contact him or update his profile.

Just call and explain your situation and they would ask you for the information they need from you... It's pretty straight forward.
How did your friend select the prompt for 6 months, I did not find any option like that to select?

zsv2015

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
newcec said:
Hi Guys,

My application will pass Six months timeline in a week. I will call the callcenter in a week. I would appreciate if people can please share their experience with Agents and what kind of questions to ask them. Don't want their standard response. I heard some give feedbacks and some just ask to wait.

Thanks
Hi, Probably you will be interested to join this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.0.html;msg4930816#msg4930816

CIC agents probably will tell you that everything is fine and you need to wait. But you can ask them to send a note to the officer about your application.

zsv2015

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Eucalyptus said:

There is no option to select "prompt for applications exceeding the 6 month window". You just select PR application option and then describe your situation.

newcec

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
zsv2015 said:
Hi, Probably you will be interested to join this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.0.html;msg4930816#msg4930816

CIC agents probably will tell you that everything is fine and you need to wait. But you can ask them to send a note to the officer about your application.
Yea, I tried that thread. It is just misleading and people ask random questions or deviate from the topic. So I created a new one

newcec

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Eucalyptus said:

Thanks. Yea I gotta do that. Just hoping it do not come to that situation. :)

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newcec said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Mine going to complete 6 months within some days i called yesterday and i started with my ghost email, i said that i got 3 application updated email but nothing happened and i am going to complete my 6 months period and she said 6 months is avg period it can go exceeded but as expected she didn't open my application bec i am within processing time