Now I have to response to Minister appeal
is there Anyone in same position now, Please share your experience

Roy

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi,

We will reply to Minister Appeal.

How about you did you reply, what is waiting Time?

Roy
The story is as follows from the Immigration and Refugee Board Web Page:

"When the Minister appeals to the Refugee Appeal Division, the Minister is essentially having a positive refugee determination reviewed. The Minister must show that there were mistakes in the original refugee determination. These mistakes can be about the law, the facts, or both. The RAD will decide whether to confirm or change the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) decision. It may also decide to send the case back to the Refugee Protection Decision for re-determination while giving the directions to the RPD that it considers appropriate.

If you were granted refugee protection by the RPD and the Minister is appealing that decision, you have the right to respond to the appeal and to file documents. If you decide not to respond, the RAD will decide the Minister's appeal on the basis of the Minister's documents and the RPD record.

In a Minister's appeal, the Minister is called "the appellant" and you are called "the respondent.""

ref. https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/filing-refugee-appeal/Pages/minister1.aspx

Robrob

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Hi,

My claim was accepted (Protected Person) but got Notice of Appeal from Minister

Roy
Hi roy,

I am very thankful if you can share in brief that when you get positive desion and when minister send the paper other then notice of appeal means total time in between or any one has same position pls
Thx

Last edited:

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi roy,

I am very thankful if you can share in brief that when you get positive desion and when minister send the paper other then notice of appeal means total time in between or any one has same position pls
Thx
HI,

CLAIM ACCPTED 20 APR 2019
NOD Received after 2 wks
Minister Appeal notice received after 4 wks
Minister papers received after 2 wks
repled after 1 wk

sahil100

Apr 24, 2021
Hi,

Roy
Plz tell if minister appeal got accepted or rejected i am in the same situation?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

Roy
That happens to me back in 2019 I will advice you to get a lawyer to appeal for you because that's what I did during my appeal, And after one year I won my appeal please don't take this as nothing because if you don't act fast you may loss your protection. It will cost you money but you will be happy in long run.