+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resolving Response from Social Assistance (PGP 2019)

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Try to call IRCC to find where did they send their request in Alberta. MPs office may also find which office will do SSC Check. Appears that @kwgcda is also in same situation.
Yeah I guess thats the best way to go about it.

But why alberta has no many issues. Seems like its only alberta thats delaying the process.

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Try to call IRCC to find where did they send their request in Alberta. MPs office may also find which office will do SSC Check. Appears that @kwgcda is also in same situation.
My sponsorship is approved, I'm waiting for PR approval now. Yes, Alberta SSC check is painfully slow and I'm not sure why.

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know that your parents case is progressing. Did you have to call Alberta SSC? @dhillozcanada22 may want to know the process.
I would also like to know if anyone has had any success calling Alberta SSC and also the number or agency they called. Thanks.

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Good to know that your parents case is progressing. Did you have to call Alberta SSC? @dhillozcanada22 may want to know the process.
No, I waited it out. Others did contact them though, maybe they can chime in. Honestly, with the current situation they're probably not fully staffed so I'm not sure they can do much right now.

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone's file moved forward? Has Alberta SSC responded to IRCC's request for anyone? Thanks.

ehelp

Oct 7, 2019
My file is stuck in "in Process" since Jan 2020. I have contacted Alberta Community & social services department about this matter, and they informed me that they have not received any letter yet. It seems like the letter has been misplaced or never received. Community & Social Services has provided me an email address to resend the letter. Does anybody has any experience contacting IRCC regarding re-sending request to AB? Does anybody able to get a letter from AB and provided to IRCC? Thank you for your help..

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My file is stuck in "in Process" since Jan 2020. I have contacted Alberta Community & social services department about this matter, and they informed me that they have not received any letter yet. It seems like the letter has been misplaced or never received. Community & Social Services has provided me an email address to resend the letter. Does anybody has any experience contacting IRCC regarding re-sending request to AB? Does anybody able to get a letter from AB and provided to IRCC? Thank you for your help..
Looks like none has contacts of Alberta SSC if you go through this thread. @calgary17 had some experience. Have you already called IRCC on this?

inproxima

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my GCMS / ATIP notes and I saw the Alberta has responded the social services inquiry.
I waited 10 months before contacing my MLA on September 6. Someone from Albtera Social Services contacted me on September 8 and asked for my file number. The response was faxed September 8 (my MLA sent me a copy) and my file was updated September 23. So, if your file hasn't been updated yet, you might want to contact your MLA and explain the situation and hopfully you'll be able to get the ball rolling.

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I just got my GCMS / ATIP notes and I saw the Alberta has responded the social services inquiry.
I waited 10 months before contacing my MLA on September 6. Someone from Albtera Social Services contacted me on September 8 and asked for my file number. The response was faxed September 8 (my MLA sent me a copy) and my file was updated September 23. So, if your file hasn't been updated yet, you might want to contact your MLA and explain the situation and hopfully you'll be able to get the ball rolling.
Thank you for sharing this experience of yours. This may be useful to other members of the forum.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Can you send me contact information for Alberta ?

My sponsor approval is stuck due to Social Assistance Check in Alberta since 17th Nov 2020

Hzyfa256

Nov 3, 2019
Hello did u finally get SA i was going through this thread en realized am facing same challenge