+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resident requirement under H1B-AINP

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Hi All,

How long should I stay in Alberta mandatorily if I apply thro HI-AINP? Say if I dont like the job in a year and need to shift to another province, is this allowed or should I stay in Alberta till I get my PR?

TIA.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
divagirl said:
Hi All,

How long should I stay in Alberta mandatorily if I apply thro HI-AINP? Say if I dont like the job in a year and need to shift to another province, is this allowed or should I stay in Alberta till I get my PR?

TIA.
Wouldn't you have PR before you work in AB thr' H1-AINP? I think you meant CA citizenship.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no minimum requirement for how long you should stay but you do sign a document stating that you intend to settle in Alberta. My advice, stay long enough that just in case if anybody asks about it that you can say with a straight face that you made an attempt to settle and it didn't work out for you. That could be as little as having been in AB for a couple of months looking for a job and getting an offer from another province. If you already have a job in AB, see if you like it, if you don't like it, nobody will stop you from leaving.

C

cchabert

In the form that I sign there is no time requirement, it only said that you intend to settle in Alberta, but there is no fine print or little letters to read with magnifier about staying there X number of years.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
cchabert said:
In the form that I sign there is no time requirement, it only said that you intend to settle in Alberta, but there is no fine print or little letters to read with magnifier about staying there X number of years.
I have seen this question a few times now. I can tell you that Alberta is giving you a nomination expecting you to work in their province. You are signing on a form where you agree to this.

Then there are some applicants who want to make use of the AINP for Canadian PR and go and settle in some other Provinces of their choice. I don't know what action Alberta will take in such cases. Someone posted before that there was never a case where a Province went after a Nominee for breaking that agreement.

It is up to the Applicant to break that agreement.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
What is the essence of a Provincial Nomination then if we don't at least provide some service and even try to settle there for a while? I just wondered.... Peace!