+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS

javicanada

Jan 6, 2013
Today I talked to a friend and we were discussing the time i have been in Canada for residency requirements calculations. I landed in April 2009 and stayed until Sept 2009. during that time I was travelling all over Canada and staying at friends houses, some times hotels. I wasnt taking into consideration this period for the renewal of the PR because it would be hard to collect all records of the places I stayed etc. However, my friend told me that the stamp that I have from my home country when entering should be sufficient proof that i was here in Canada for that period of time. What i mean is that i have a landing stamp from Canada and the next stamp is from Immigration Argentina. Can anyone tell me if that stamp would be enough for me to have that time taken into consideration for the 730 days? thank you

speedoflight

Star Member
Jul 17, 2007
Europe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now with a new biometric documents you dont need to show bills and addresses if you want to renew your PR. Everything is done at the border, technology.

No need to worry

javicanada said:
Today I talked to a friend and we were discussing the time i have been in Canada for residency requirements calculations. I landed in April 2009 and stayed until Sept 2009. during that time I was travelling all over Canada and staying at friends houses, some times hotels. I wasnt taking into consideration this period for the renewal of the PR because it would be hard to collect all records of the places I stayed etc. However, my friend told me that the stamp that I have from my home country when entering should be sufficient proof that i was here in Canada for that period of time. What i mean is that i have a landing stamp from Canada and the next stamp is from Immigration Argentina. Can anyone tell me if that stamp would be enough for me to have that time taken into consideration for the 730 days? thank you