+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency requirement before PR

marido

Feb 21, 2018
Hi all,
I have heard that those who have been in a work-permit or student visa before their Permanent Residency, can calculate the number of days they have lived in Canada before becoming a PR and it will take into account in their citizenship residency requirements. I have been in Canada from August 2013 as a “Visitor” and then I became a permanent resident in March 2015. Considering that I was a “Visitor” before becoming a PR, I am wondering if I can also calculate the number of days that I’ve lived in Canada as a visitor in my citizenship residency requirements?
In other words, does the "visitor" status under a visitor visa count towards physical presence when calculating the number of days prior to becoming a permanent resident?

Thanks,

YYZone

Dec 8, 2017
Hi all,
I have heard that those who have been in a work-permit or student visa before their Permanent Residency, can calculate the number of days they have lived in Canada before becoming a PR and it will take into account in their citizenship residency requirements. I have been in Canada from August 2013 as a “Visitor” and then I became a permanent resident in March 2015. Considering that I was a “Visitor” before becoming a PR, I am wondering if I can also calculate the number of days that I’ve lived in Canada as a visitor in my citizenship residency requirements?
In other words, does the "visitor" status under a visitor visa count towards physical presence when calculating the number of days prior to becoming a permanent resident?

Thanks,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility.html

Reactions: marido