+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Questionnaire

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
Note: please ignore the troll posts which are a distraction -- there are substantive issues of actual significance for some applicants related to questionnaires.

i agree with you..you are doing a good job...keep guiding people and stick to point..

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Is the form arranged in a way which specifies which particular items the applicant is asked to submit? Yes
Is the form arranged for the applicant to check-off which items are submitted? Yes
Did the form or other parts of what you received ask you to provide information -- such as to fill out another work history, address history, or list things such as community-based activities? Yes on all counts
Did the communication from IRCC explicitly describe or refer to this as "random?" Yes

If you would like to reach out to me personally, I would be happy to fill you in on the particulars of our case, so you can have more insight into the "random" aspect of our Quality Assurance Exercise.
The questions are enumerated in such a way, with ample explanation, so that someone someone without property, for example, would know they were not required to provide those submissions. The same goes for other questions. I'm afraid, in my rush to brevity, I did not make that clear.

Thank you for this information.

I have indeed started a separate thread, titled: "RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205" and re-posted much of what you post above there. And I ask another question, and will likely have some more . . . albeit I am wrapping up for now, as of course there is my day-life to attend to, some new snow in the driveway to shovel, errands to run . . .

. . . but I will offer this now: my guess is that a reasonably responsive reply to this request should suffice. It probably really is just a Quality Assurance Exercise, and thus unless the applicant's response fails to be reasonably responsive (in the states this is oft called "substantial performance") or something in the response triggers a specific concern, my sense is this will not derail or much delay the process. But of course I do not know for sure and hopefully reports from additional participants here will help to illuminate more about this . . . and of course updates from those who have received this, reports about how things go, what happens next, and such, would be appreciated.

Also obviously: this procedure is far more burdensome and intrusive for self-employed persons or those who are sole-proprietors of their business.

My further observations and questions will be in the other topic.

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
If I decide to withdraw cause am not able to collect all the required documents , will that affect my application if am going to reapply in the future ?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
If I decide to withdraw cause am not able to collect all the required documents , will that affect my application if am going to reapply in the future ?
If you feel that you made a mistake in calculations of physical presence than the best option is to withdraw and apply again.
Withdraw will not affect your new application.

But if you have only problem to collect the required documents than sent them what you can gather.And for balance documents write a covering letter to tell them other documents you tried but cant got it.