+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Obligation not MET.

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Greetings,

I & my wife was granted Permanent Residency in the year 2010. We stayed in Canada for 21 days. I was working as an accountant in UAE-Dubai and my employer required a notice period of at least six months to leave the job . Our intention was to return to Canada in a year's time by winding all the matters.

The worst thing happened in the year 2011, my sister-in-law made a false allegation of dowry harassments and assaults' and a legal case was registered by her. Which includes my wife & the other six members (6) of my wife's family. My name was excluded from the case, as I was not present in the country ( working in UAE 2006-2018 ).

After Several months & years of hearings in a court of law, in mid-year of 2018, the court had passed a judgment against the false accusation made in the FIR. ( Judgement Copy Available ).

The worst was not over for me at, I learnt my father is not keeping well. I shifted to India in 2018. My father was hospitalized with heart disease and passed away in August 2018. It took almost a year time to come out of the immense loss we suffred.

Kindly let me know if we can appeal to the Canadian high commission to issue a Permanent Travel Residence Document (PTRD) on my own or should I go with the legal advisor, who is charging 7000(CAD).

Any guidance will be a great help.

Rgds

Last edited: