+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency In Canada

MJA

Oct 4, 2009
Hi.

Am new on this site and wonder if anyone has any info on the following ~

I'm Canadian and I recently got married out of Canada, and would now like to apply for residency for my husband.

I'm currently traveling and not working in Canada.

Is it possible for me to proceed outside of Canada? what are my requirements for immigration?

My husband is Nigerian and is currently a student in Seoul, Korea, his residency will end after 6 months upon completion of the course.

Please advise if anyone has any info.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a Canadian citizen, you may start sponsorship proceedings from outside Canada but it is then upon you to prove to immigration that you are planning to move to Canada when your husband gets his PR.

MJA

Oct 4, 2009
Thnx Leon.

I currently have an address in Canada and will have that documentation showing proof of my return, as well as a job offer.

Do I need to show a certain amount of money in my account in Canada? if so, cash, and what about
RRSP's? would that help? Do I need to cash in those RRSP's?

MJ

MJA

Oct 4, 2009
Leon

During the waiting period of the PR visa, are we able to apply for a visit visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try but it's likely to be denied because of likelyhood of overstay.

MJA

Oct 4, 2009
Leon,

Are you familiar with the forms online that are required to be filled out for PR and sponsorship?

We're currently living in Seoul, Korea.

In regards to the medical form ~ will the Canadian Embassy here in Seoul refer my husband to a Doctor before we submit the forms for a medical check? or will someone in Canada refer him?

Also, do we submit the forms upon completion to the Canadian Embassy here in Seoul or do we mail them to Canada?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not familiar with those forms, no. When I applied for FSW myself, I got a list of approved doctors from the embassy and went to see one. The doctor took care of mailing the forms. I'm sure there's somebody here who has done this more recently and can give you better info. If nobody else replies, you should ask the embassy about it.

MJA

Oct 4, 2009
Leon, hi..

We have sent all our paperwork to Canada Immigration.

It's been a month, what happens now?

We haven't heard from them.
Will they send confirmation that they got our paperwork?
or will they call us within a 3 month period to give us an answer?

There's also a feature online to check the status, however, we haven't
been supplied a file number to be able to check.

How do we get our file number to check?

Thnx.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
have you applied for sponsorship? if yes, your paperwork should go to Mississauga first and after it's approved it will be transferred to the local visa office. It usually takes about a month for Mississauga to have your sponsorship approved. There's no way to receive a confirmation from them that they received your application (only the tracking info from the courier you used). You can log in to ecas using your receipt number to check your application status.

MJA

Oct 4, 2009
Suin, thanks for the info.

Yes our paperwork was sent to Mississauga. It will be a month Dec 9th.

Unfortunately I can't seem to access the application status with the receipt number.

I've tired every which way too...arrgh...